GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Formula 1 Season

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Looks like I can watch it live on ESPN.com.

*edit no I can’t 😕

Last edited:

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
OMG! Martin Brundle grid walk was nuts. He was just spinning in circles and has no clue how to talk to celebrities other than racing celebrities. Funny stuff! One of the few grid walks that was worth watching

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Miami was my first time watching a race. Not the most exciting but I enjoyed it and am excited for the next one.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Miami was my first time watching a race. Not the most exciting but I enjoyed it and am excited for the next one.

The first two races this season were some of the most fun in recent memory. The last two races this season have been quite meh with small morsels of action peppered in. That's just the nature of F1, not always balls to the wall wild.

At least we got some fun action in the closing laps of Miami.

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI
The TV director had their worst event of the year for sure. There were good battles all through the mid-field (BOT RUS HAM for example) that we didn't get to see and instead we saw either crowd or a very spaced out VER LEC "battle".

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
The TV director had their worst event of the year for sure. There were good battles all through the mid-field (BOT RUS HAM for example) that we didn't get to see and instead we saw either crowd or a very spaced out VER LEC "battle".

I've been yelling at the TV director all season. I just LOVE seeing Ver or Lec with several seconds of air in front and behind them instead of watching the 4-way fight for a midfield position. Just my favorite thing in the world.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Back to Europe, supposedly lots of upgrades coming for many teams in Spain. Now if only they would get rid of the sector 3 chicane.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Shiiiiiit, Austin is still a mess; getting to and from the track is a nightmare from what I've heard.

First year races are like first year of a new car, there ARE going to be issues unforeseen and addressed in later races. Have they released any projected ticket prices for Vegas yet?
I was there in 2019 and it was really simple. Got on a bus at the park down the street from iron works, got off right in front of the track. Did the opposite going back.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I was there in 2019 and it was really simple. Got on a bus at the park down the street from iron works, got off right in front of the track. Did the opposite going back.
They blew that up last year. For reasons that don't really make sense, they changed roads that were open from the morning to the afternoon. Hopefully they get it back under control. I've been out there a couple of years and will likely go back this year.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Well they're widening Elroy to 4 lanes. Really need 6 and better parking ingress/ egress

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Merc's Spanish GP track maps for both last and this year. 2022 T16 has to be a typo, I find it hard to believe they are 85kph slower, even with less low speed traction/grip this year.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
:armchair engineer sits down:

New floor for Merc, curious if that attached 'flap' "moves" with a certain amount of air pressure against it.

Grainy af, but you can see they've adopted this "second t-tray" RB, Ferrari (and Aston) have.