GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 Formula 1 Season

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Quite a boring race. After the first turn the race was over. Benz rolled over & played dead. Bottas should have played the role of designated hitter. ;)

Whoever wins the championship they will have earned it.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Yuuup. Not even a ton going on in the midfield this time around. The most exciting parts of the race were the few laps at the end when Checo looked like he might overtake Hamilton. I did think it was hilarious that Bottas could not find a way around Ricciardo for the entire race. It's like he lost all his will after the T1/T2 incident.

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI
Mexico is never an exciting race. It's always super drawn out because of the cooling issues that the teams face due to the altitude and heat this time of year.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Can you post the link for the Sky Sports App? The only one I found said not available in USA. Thanks
I ran into the same problem if I try to find it on my tablet. It directs me to sky sports UK for some reason.

My brother in law is the one who actually has the App on his Roku. I had assumed it could just be downloaded easily otherwise.

Apologies for the misdirection.

Edit: apparently it will work if you use a VPN that has servers in the UK. I didn't realize it was region locked service. I'm dumb sometimes.

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I can't believe Max walked over and made Lewis' rear wing illegal like that. What a bastard. 🤣

What a run by Lewis in the sprint race from P20. Should be fun to watch starting from P10 tomorrow.

Bucks

Car(s)
Golf 8 GTi Clubsport
That was a very special race, the whole weekend in fact was exciting, - ignoring the politicing I suppose!

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Anyone else think Verstappen displayed a lack of class with his track defense shenanigans?

Understanding he doesn't want to give up a spot but the superwide turn and the weaving down the straight just screams a level of immaturity that the points leader should be past displaying.

This dude is hard enough to pass already without him trying to recklessly defend against a much faster car.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Anyone else think Verstappen displayed a lack of class with his track defense shenanigans?

Understanding he doesn't want to give up a spot but the superwide turn and the weaving down the straight just screams a level of immaturity that the points leader should be past displaying.

This dude is hard enough to pass already without him trying to recklessly defend against a much faster car.
Ha, he's an assclown and has always driven like that. He's clearly been told to behave more than normal this year, but his natural instincts came out in Brazil. I wasn't really a Lewis fan until I needed someone to beat Dumb Max, now I'm all in on Hammy. I really hope he can keep the dark side from winning this.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Ha, he's an assclown and has always driven like that. He's clearly been told to behave more than normal this year, but his natural instincts came out in Brazil. I wasn't really a Lewis fan until I needed someone to beat Dumb Max, now I'm all in on Hammy. I really hope he can keep the dark side from winning this.
Yeah...I just started watching seriously recently. 😂

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
As far as Max running Lewis wide in turn 4, he did that on purpose & he'd have been fine with taking both of them out. Max weaving back & forth across the track that was bure BS & real chicken shit. They showed him the black & white flag for that move. I really hope Lewis can take his eighth championship.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
My god. In case anyone needed a reminder on who's the GOAT, Brazil 2021 was it. Lewis unlocked the final chakras this weekend and shrugged off the ankle weights. Fresh engine or not, that was some insanely good driving.

Max was not behaving this weekend. I cannot believe nothing was done about the T4 shenanigans. I expect Merc to appeal that. Whether Max did it on purpose or not, none of us can really say. Worst case scenario, it was malicious. Best case scenario, his subconscious got a hold of him and he stopped thinking for a desperate few seconds. But in either scenario, he did open up that wheel, that's for sure. His line was fine and his tires were relatively fresh -- no other good reason to go wide like that. So surprised he got away with that.

The weaving, though, 100% unsportsman-like. That was on purpose. Glad he got shown the B&W flags for that.

Lewis's seatbelt call was absolutely stupid, as well. Can't believe there was a small chance that would've affected his finishing position. It's almost like the stewards want everyone to hate them.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Not sure if the stewards want Max to win or they are desperate for Lewis not to break Schumacher's record.

IMO MAX knew exactly what he was doing. If he can't win, well he might as well keep Lewis from winning. Same deal as in Monza, but this time Lewis had room to avoid contact.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
So, doing the math, with Lewis down 14 points with three races left:

Assuming no crashes, mechanical failures, or penalties by Lewis or Max,

1. Three wins by Lewis guarantees him the championship, with the 1st to 2nd delta being 7 points. Fastest lap points wouldn't matter.
2. Two wins by Lewis (with Max finishing second in both) and a second place to Verstappen in the third race is a championship loss. Fastest lap points wouldn't matter.
3. Two wins by Lewis with some help from Bottas splitting Lewis and Max could win Lewis the championship. Fastest lap points could also play into that.

Get your popcorn ready.