GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 Formula 1 Season

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
Over the years I've taken what Horner and RBR say with a raised eyebrow but man they are really taking this to a new level. Threatening legal action!? droning on and on about evidence and Wolf and Hamiltons disrespect. Senna announced before the race he was going to take out Prost so he could win the championship. While I don't agree at all with that type of sportsmanship and it tarnishes Senna's legacy, he still won the championship and there was no legal action. Times have changed, people whine a lot more now! :)

1L19

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Over the years I've taken what Horner and RBR say with a raised eyebrow but man they are really taking this to a new level. Threatening legal action!? droning on and on about evidence and Wolf and Hamiltons disrespect. Senna announced before the race he was going to take out Prost so he could win the championship. While I don't agree at all with that type of sportsmanship and it tarnishes Senna's legacy, he still won the championship and there was no legal action. Times have changed, people whine a lot more now! :)

senna.jpg

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion

Wasn't it the year before that Prost drove straight into Senna in Japan to win the championship?

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
Not sure if Prost drove into Senna intensionally but yes, another instance of contact that had huge ramifications.
Same here, Red Bull have proven to whiners and sore losers. I heard that they actually had Albon take an older Red Bull car and did a "test" at Silverstone to prove Hamilton would not have been able to make the corner on his line therefore proving he did it intensionally. Seriously? a bit ridiculous.
In all of Hamiltons years he has proven to race quite respectfully unlike Senna, Schumacher and I'm sure many others. I'm not a huge Hami fan but I do respect his style (not fashion style-Ha!) a lot.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Great driving, Bottas :mad:

Should have delayed the race start and let the track dry.

Ridiculous.

Fun race but that first lap... 😐

Last edited:

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I really don't pay attention to F1 driver's lifestyles. Their business, not mine. On track is what matters. I feel that Hamilton's race craft is beyond reproach.

No spoilers here, but todays race showed some incredible race craft. Watch it if you can.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
My goodness, WHAT a RACE! It had everything! ~~Alonso reminding us what a two-time world champ can do with veteran racecraft was exhilarating.~~
Hamilton is insufferable when he's inconvenienced. "At that speed it's so dangerous, man!" -- what an ironic thing to say, considering his racing incident at Silverstone.

~~Vestappen's damage was incredibly bad. I know that Hungary is a difficult circuit to overtake on, but he was stuck behind some cars that should not have given him any issue, with a healthy car. These cars are all about aero.~~

I have some memes I'll share later, once everyone has a reasonable amount of time to watch the race. But I'll share this one now.
ghht3xy8bre71.jpg

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
HA! That is funny. Race was quite good. Alonso still has it. A bit of whining from Hamilton as usual but if that is all you can say about Hami, I'll take it compared to some other drivers antics on an off the track.
This just in! Wolf to bring up Russel for '22 Decision made at first corner of Hungarian GP. :)

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
That second start was really something. :LOL: When I heard Hamilton say that's so dangerous man I spit my coffee. Using everything & more to get buy the immovable object. To be fair all drivers send out messages like that in hopes the stewards will do something in their favor.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Yeah it is definitely a tactic. But I had a little lol as well.
Breaking news: F1 is dangerous hah.
I loved watching ALO hold of HAM for those handful of laps. That made me smile. I was rooting for my boy Seb lemmie tell you. Super unfortunate turn of events post race though.
Rules are rules, but that's a stupid one.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Alonso showed some brilliant race craft. No weaving back & forth, just perfect car placement. I wanted Ocon to win & am happy to see he did. BS rule costs Vettel a well earned second place. Amazing that Max was able to finish at all let alone in the points. Pretty great race. First corner pin ball game sure shook things up. Red Bull has two cars to repair. Wonder if Horner will be sending the lawyers out again. ;)

gprace

Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Maybe I am not seeing this correctly, but here is how it looked to me:
Qualifying 3 - Hamilton runs intentionally slow to keep Max from getting a good flying lap. Unsportsmanlike even though not breaking any rules.
Now Max is behind Hamilton and Bottas at the start.
Max gets past Bottas at start, but Bottas causes collision, damaging Max's car.
Am I seeing this wrong, or if Hamilton had not ruined Max's qualifying lap, Max could have been on the front row and not have been involved in the Bottas incident (if it would have even happened) in this scenario.

I will admit, though, that Hamilton did drive a good race to reach the podium.

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
HA! That is funny. Race was quite good. Alonso still has it. A bit of whining from Hamilton as usual but if that is all you can say about Hami, I'll take it compared to some other drivers antics on an off the track.
This just in! Wolf to bring up Russel for '22 Decision made at first corner of Hungarian GP. :)
Are you kidding? Wolf just extended Bottas's contact to 2030 for his hitman ability to take out Hamilton's rivals and not even get a penalty!! #ALegendIsBorn