GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 Formula 1 Season

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
Either that or their improved performance is actually the result to dumping Vettel.

I could agree with that if Leclerc wasn't putting in a better performance this year versus last year. So far he is averaging a 5th place finish. Last year he averaged a 7th place finish if you ignore his NC's, and a 10th place finish if you include them.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I could agree with that if Leclerc wasn't putting in a better performance this year versus last year. So far he is averaging a 5th place finish. Last year he averaged a 7th place finish if you ignore his NC's, and a 10th place finish if you include them.
Most likely just the benefit of not being saddled with Seb's chassis tuning. Ferrari certainly misses Todt, but I think as much as anything, they miss having a driver who can setup a balanced car. Pity they're stuck with this engine formula for what, two or three more years?

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
1621002944129.png

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Mazepan is paying to keep Haas alive, that's okay by me. He's less of a dipshit than either Stroll. Suck it, Canada.

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
X3 M40i
Mazepan is paying to keep Haas alive, that's okay by me. He's less of a dipshit than either Stroll. Suck it, Canada.
Okay I completely understand your reasoning on this, having an American team stay in the sport is cool regardless.

But, you also can't deny that lance is/has earned his keep. He's really not a bad driver. Not insane but really not that bad, regardless of his money.

anyways since there's no practice to watch today have this

h6ei351klay61.jpg

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Hey, people are talking about him. He's awful, I certainly didn't mean to discredit Stroll with a direct comparison, that's wildly unfair. But aside from a terrible shunt for Grosjean, no one really ever talked about him or, crap, I've already forgotten his name, quick google says...Magnussen!

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Okay I completely understand your reasoning on this, having an American team stay in the sport is cool regardless.

But, you also can't deny that lance is/has earned his keep. He's really not a bad driver. Not insane but really not that bad, regardless of his money.

anyways since there's no practice to watch today have this

View attachment 213509
When Lance first came on the scene, I did not like him. Daddy's money bought the team, bought me seat, yadda yadda. But that was the extent of his douchiness. Just that guy from college whose dad was a big shot lawyer and he made sure that everyone remembered. Will I be best friends with him? No. But will I put up with the attitude to party on dad's yacht? Absolutely.
Mazepin has the same "daddy's money" douchiness, but he also has this self-earned, cultivated douchiness of being an incredibly disrespectful person both as a driver and with women. That douchiness sticks with you no matter what's in your wallet.

And like It's Sam mentioned, I think Lance has shaken off a bit of the "my dad is rich" energy. He's grown as a driver and has matured some. I think he deserves his spot on the grid now.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Fair point, I hadn't known about Mazepan's personal shortcomings, but that does color things. I just enjoy watching a normal driver try to drive around with the best, it's an amusing contrast.

I actually kinda like Lance now, he has proven to be much more than I initially thought. I strongly dislike his dad and their stupid engineer, that guy's the worst in the paddock, it's amazing that they've somehow become more unlikable than Vijay Maliya.

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
X3 M40i
I hadn't known about Mazepan's personal shortcomings, but that does color things.

Yeah that does it for me with him. You can suck at racing, but I mean, who can deny there's a learning curve to driving some of the fastest cars on the planet. When you mix in a genuinely disgusting personality any chance of respect goes out the window.

If anyone else wasn't sure about Mazepin's social issues/controversies, this is basically it in a nutshell:

0ij8v8f165461.jpg

(I mean no disrespect towards anyone except him by posting this)

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Yeah that does it for me with him. You can suck at racing, but I mean, who can deny there's a learning curve to driving some of the fastest cars on the planet. When you mix in a genuinely disgusting personality any chance of respect goes out the window.

If anyone else wasn't sure about Mazepin's social issues/controversies, this is basically it in a nutshell:

View attachment 213523

(I mean no disrespect towards anyone except him by posting this)
That picture is just "if you were a woman and met this douche, he would try to grab your breast"

Took me a few seconds to get it, but it's definitely just a Mazepin slam and not disrespectful to women/men who read it.