GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 Formula 1 Season

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
The most inconsistent was Ricciardo. He had wildly varying lines from lap to lap.

A couple laps in Dale's car and he forgets how to drive :ROFLMAO:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
😂

Screenshot_20211027-070726_Chrome.jpg

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Some radio comments 'not good for kids watching' - Hamilton · RaceFans

lol are you serious dude? On that line of self-important thinking, how about drivers stop crashing? So many crashes could send kids the wrong message that crashing cars is ok and no one gets hurt. Yeesh :rolleyes:

Cram it Hammy. Let drivers be themselves and let parents do a miniscule amount of parenting. We already lost the screaming V8s and V10s -- let us have our radio bickering.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
The radio is one of my favorite parts. 😄

People say unintentionally hilarious stuff almost every race weekend.

"Do you like my pace? Do you like it?"

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Some radio comments 'not good for kids watching' - Hamilton · RaceFans

lol are you serious dude? On that line of self-important thinking, how about drivers stop crashing? So many crashes could send kids the wrong message that crashing cars is ok and no one gets hurt. Yeesh :rolleyes:

Cram it Hammy. Let drivers be themselves and let parents do a miniscule amount of parenting. We already lost the screaming V8s and V10s -- let us have our radio bickering.

Yep, I am liking sports less and less. Like nfl especially.

Roughing the passer if you breath on the quarterback.

Unsportsmanlike conduct if you celebrate a td just a little too much.

Taunting if you rocked the receiver and stare him down.

Fuck that. Just let them play and celebrate. If you can't handle it, don't play & don't watch.

I let my kids say whatever they want because they're just words. Now they don't abuse it because they're respectful, but if they need a curse word to express something, that's ok. Also let them watch whatever they think they're ready to watch. We'll even watch together.

Too much estrogen in the world turning everyone into pussies.

I said what I said.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Yep, I am liking sports less and less. Like nfl especially.

Roughing the passer if you breath on the quarterback.

Unsportsmanlike conduct if you celebrate a td just a little too much.

Taunting if you rocked the receiver and stare him down.

Fuck that. Just let them play and celebrate. If you can't handle it, don't play & don't watch.

I let my kids say whatever they want because they're just words. Now they don't abuse it because they're respectful, but if they need a curse word to express something, that's ok. Also let them watch whatever they think they're ready to watch. We'll even watch together.

Too much estrogen in the world turning everyone into pussies.

I said what I said.
Analytics is what has actually ruined most sports.

'The numbers say this is the way to score the most points.' It's irrelevant to the cult of statistics if that makes the game less watchable. The penalty enforcement in the NFL is about pushing scoring, again, because the analytics say: people love touch downs.

The QB is protected because he drives the scoring. Automatic first downs for nonsense defensive holding or illegal contact 30 yards from the play drive scoring.

Baseball is even worse with the analytics vs. watchability.

Apologies for the tangent :LOL:

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Analytics is what has actually ruined most sports.

'The numbers say this is the way to score the most points.' It's irrelevant to the cult of statistics if that makes the game less watchable. The penalty enforcement in the NFL is about pushing scoring, again, because the analytics say: people love touch downs.

The QB is protected because he drives the scoring. Automatic first downs for nonsense defensive holding or illegal contact 30 yards from the play drive scoring.

Baseball is even worse with the analytics vs. watchability.

Apologies for the tangent :LOL:

I saw this interesting video about how analytics are ruining basketball because it's mathematically proven that even though a 3pt shot is less likely to be made than a 2pt shot, the extra reward is worth the risk in the long run, so players are attempting way more threes than ever before.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
So, the crowd goes wild for Checo as he rolls out for Q1, Stroll says "hold my beer" during peak ovation, and eats the wall before starting his lap.

I do like his new racing boots this year though, with the switch to Aston Martin:

175094327_max.jpg

Last edited:

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I guess Stroll actually was on a timed lap. My bad. It still made me laugh.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Surprising quali grid after all that talk about high elevation tracks being a RBR specialty. Looks like Merc's aero is working better than it used to with the thinner air.

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
Yes, I was beginning to think that the championship was starting to be Verstappen's to loose. Seems the pendulum is staying on Hami's side, just barely.