GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 'Vette

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I'm sorry but it's an ugly car. It looks like they stole the design from the Ferrari F430, circa 2004.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Yeeeeeeah... Not feeling that look, but great numbers. I'd rather take a slow stingray for the looks alone

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
The previous gen ZR1 is where it's at.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
The previous gen ZR1 is where it's at.

I like this C8 but man I don't want to mod it. It took probably almost a year for the tuning to become available for the LT5 ZR1. It already has it's own sequential port injection system, but damn it is getting super expensive buying all the tuning credits. I can't imagine what it will cost and also the new trans on top of that. And what's every GM guys favorite thing to do? That's right, put a big ass cam in there. Welp, probably have to pull the engine!!! You were supposed to remove the engine to do the cam on the LT4 but we had a work around. I wouldn't be surprised if cam/exhaust/tune runs you 10 grand

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
My guess is the lower trims won't be as mod friendly anymore but Chevy doesn't care about that. The high trim be it a super charger or turbo will be the money maker and the one people will really want to mod. The c8 is trying to break away from they sterotypes of previous vette owners

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
With how crazy the Camaro has gotten with HP and track ability they had to do something different with the Corvette. Hopefully it will change the stigma some.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
With how crazy the Camaro has gotten with HP and track ability they had to do something different with the Corvette. Hopefully it will change the stigma some.

The 5th gen Camaro was not bad... worked on a lot of those SS/ZL1/Z28. Remember one SS 1LE that had a Maggie, cam, heads etc and made about 770 to the tire. It had stock size Michelins and I just couldn't understand. You couldn't get on it, unless you were doing maybe 80. 6th Gen not bad but just didn't love them either. Expensive for a Camaro, still heavy, more difficult to work on. The newer ZL1 10 speed seemed like you were in 6th at about 40mph... The 1LE yea basically dedicated track car.

I built a C8 for fun and it was about 75k

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Whoever thought a square steering wheel was a good idea should be banished from the auto industry.
Made it square to see the odo/ speedo.... still looks trash but overall I kinda like the look of the car