GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Flat out through there must be bonkers.
Did Lance really get a puncture though as he claimed?
He was not off line or anything just that kerb just flipped him!
It was an interesting race. Had it on while doing some work around the house.
Happy to see Albon get on that podium...he needed that.

According to the real-life Peter Griffin, they can’t know for sure, but its likely not a puncture. May have something to do with the body part that was seen flyingon the left side of his feed - prolly ran over CF part that unsettled the car...

Glad he and everyone was ok though.

That’s the first race I’ve seen where the drivers were sort like how it was back in the 70s/80s. They were exhausted! But they loved it.

We need more of that.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Great to see Albon on the podium, he really needed that. Although I'm a real fan of Danny Ric & sure wanted him on the podium. Stroll holy hell been a long time since I've seen an F1 car bent like a banana. Glad he escaped unharmed. I don't know what happened, but man did it happen fast.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I think Hamilton should receive a 5 second penalty for each time he visits the restroom on a race weekend. We have to tighten up this point race a bit.

Check that: Two 5-second penalties for each time! That'll make it closer faster.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I'm sure he'll obliterate everyone next week in Germany. That will be more fitting as he equals Michael's wins count in their home race.

But he should get a stop/go every time he rides his scooter.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
hyyty6x20lq51.png

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Last edited:

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
In our, very sad news... Honda is exiting as an engine supplier after 2021. Just when they were hitting their stride!!

https://www.racefans.net/2020/10/02/honda-quit-formula-1/

Guess they didn't want to spend what it will take to engineer test & build a new lump to fit the 2022 rules. I wonder what RB will do now? RB & Renault didn't part company on the best of terms, could they get back together. Hmmm :unsure:

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Guess they didn't want to spend what it will take to engineer test & build a new lump to fit the 2022 rules. I wonder what RB will do now? RB & Renault didn't part company on the best of terms, could they get back together. Hmmm :unsure:

Cosworth is the only way I see them staying in F1. Hell will Freeze over before Marko and Horner go back to Renault.

Supercrumpet

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SE 6MT

Honestly I think them getting back together is the most likely outcome. Neither RB nor Ferrari are probably interested in collaborating, and Merc certainly isn't willing to supply them.