GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Probably more like the accountants thought the company learned all it could.

Yeah, that too. Dieselgate did not help matters either.

I wouldn't say I've WATCHED any FE this season (I mean they have only had one race so far and that was in November) but I am definitely paying more attention to it now.
Next race is not this weekend but next.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
The best pair of commercials. Ever.
Even used the same actor for the tractor. Really clever retort when Audi retired. I'm happy for Toyota and Alonso for winning Le Mans, but I have to say, it feels a little empty with no real competitors for them.

Yeah, that too. Dieselgate did not help matters either.

I wouldn't say I've WATCHED any FE this season (I mean they have only had one race so far and that was in November) but I am definitely paying more attention to it now.
Next race is not this weekend but next.
I've seen clips on YT here and there and the wheel-to-wheel looks pretty exciting. And I'm actually a fan of their reverse grid quali. Some say it's artificial, but I say it makes for better racing - makes sure there's variety all through the grid.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Oh yeah, very good point, Chinese GP is within a month of season start. Hanoi is right before it too, and SE Asia has seen a few cases as well. Only time will tell, I suppose.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Oh yeah, very good point, Chinese GP is within a month of season start. Hanoi is right before it too, and SE Asia has seen a few cases as well. Only time will tell, I suppose.

Now that the WHO has declared it global, I say we just advance the 2021 regs and go wheel-to-wheel racing!

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Cool. I guess this means Lance will be wrecking people for the next 15 years. Nice.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Cool. I guess this means Lance will be wrecking people for the next 15 years. Nice.
His dad is doing all the moving and shaking, so Lance will certainly be here to stay. I just hope he actually gets better. Checo is already the clear #1 driver in terms of performance.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
https://www.racefans.net/2020/02/02/formula-e-cancels-china-round-due-to-coronavirus/

Formula E has canceled their China race. Now I really wonder if F1 will do the same...

FE races in Haitang, which is on an island close to Vietnam. F1 races in Shanghai, which is a lot closer geographically to the Hubei region. It's starting to sound likely.

I found a graphic of current virus cases in China. Shanghai and the surrounding areas have been hit much harder than the Sanya island, which hosts the Haitang race (circled in red).
Inkedchrome_vr7nZMqabH_LI.jpg

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I honestly think the FIA has to consider any races in cities with confirmed cases - cities in Asia, Germany, Canada, US...etc. With Zandvoort happening, they're right next to France and Germany.

WHO isn't calling it a pandemic yet, but it's already surpassed SARS and MERS.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Looking at a logarithmic fit line of cases relative to time, the spread and death rate are both slowing down. Which is a great sign. It sounds worse than it actually is when thought of in a linear sense.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Looking at a logarithmic fit line of cases relative to time, the spread and death rate are both slowing down. Which is a great sign. It sounds worse than it actually is when thought of in a linear sense.

I’d agree with you if only the numbers were absolutely true. Unlike the flu, which is usually the basis for majority to say this is overblown, has been documented countless times over the years. We know how the flu works, how bad it is, the cure...etc.

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about nCoV. The reported numbers seem to be accurate outside of China, but we still don’t much about the virus in general.

Just stay safe everyone!

Last edited: