GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
...and Red Bull Aston Martin will be no more. Red Bull Honda sounds good to me!
That's a good point! I'd also much rather see Red Bull Honda. Oh yeah, STR will now be Alpha Tauri. Poor Brundle and Crofty will now have extra work when referring to Alfa and Alpha...

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
McLaren-Mercedes were a force to be reckoned with a decade ago. They've proven that their chassis is back on form this year, so if they continue that development (assuming Merc keeps up the stellar engine development), we could see a transformed McLaren in 2021. McLaren-Honda was more of a blind, nostalgic hope for glory. McLaren-Mercedes 2021 will be a very educated guess.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
To be fair, I could see where Ron’s brain went: sole customer of the once formidable Honda coupled with a proven chassis.

Like a bad Top Gear race, how bad could it be.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
To be fair, I could see where Ron’s brain went: sole customer of the once formidable Honda coupled with a proven chassis.

Like a bad Top Gear race, how bad could it be.
"GP2 engine.... GP2 engine..." is how bad it can be. But, it's not entirely Honda's fault. We now know it was a toxic situation for both parties. McLaren is shaping up their chassis with an engine supplier it cooperates better with and Honda is developing great engines with a customer it works well with. McLaren-Honda was like a fiery, passionate relationship that was horrible and exhausting for both parties. Now they've found new partners and their lives are better. :ROFLMAO:

Drive To Survive on Netflix™ March 2020 though amirite. I know we're all thinking it.
Man, I cannot wait to see the episode for this year's Brazil GP. That's gonna be a juicy one, especially since Merc and Ferrari will be in the second season.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
That's remarkably harsh! Wow. I can't wait to see how that'll go.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
That's remarkably harsh! Wow. I can't wait to see how that'll go.

We really shouldn’t be surprised. He hasn’t delivered what they expected of him as an in-coming quadruple WC.

What surprises me is how confident they are about signing Lewis to give Seb an ultimatum.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I wouldn't be surprised to see Hamilton at Ferrari.
However I don't think Seb is ENTIRELY to blame for lackluster performance.
I have never thought the car fully suited him and his driving style.
Now that "excuse" is not the only reason for poor performance, but I really do think it has something to do with it.
I would also take some of the info in that article with a grain of salt.
I have not seen anything else regarding this ultimatum.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I don't wanna change your mind, Norris is great. Him and Ricciardo on a team together would be the goofiest pair of drivers. Love those dudes.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I wouldn't be surprised to see Hamilton at Ferrari.
However I don't think Seb is ENTIRELY to blame for lackluster performance.
I have never thought the car fully suited him and his driving style.
Now that "excuse" is not the only reason for poor performance, but I really do think it has something to do with it.
I would also take some of the info in that article with a grain of salt.
I have not seen anything else regarding this ultimatum.

Another! https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/25615

Can we skip 2020? I can’t wait that long lol

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I don't wanna change your mind, Norris is great. Him and Ricciardo on a team together would be the goofiest pair of drivers. Love those dudes.

Danny and Lando in Merc-powered Macca’s? Hmmm...