GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
I'm officially announcing my retirement from being a Ferrari fan.
lol

Hahah I may just throw in some yellow into the Rosso Corsa and make it orange.... or better yet, at least for this year, throw some white, lighten it up and make it pink!

Racing point looked really good, they just need to ask Merc for last year's wet set ups for their W10 spec 2020... They are more than capable of taking the fight to Red Bull..... Perez (and Stroll) can be very handy, we'll see how much ruckus they make... I think they have the second fastest car, and still room for improvement / dial in the car.

On the FIA impounding the brake ducts on a complaint from Renault... I reckon its futile.... you can clearly see the differences, it really does look like they copied it from pictures.... Also the lack of Mercedes' interest in the subject makes me sure they already did their own investigation into the subject and are not worried of illegal IP transfer.

...Maybe they'll reconsider selling them last year's front/rear suspension, gearbox, etc bc it really is too itching for customer teams to just wrap it on last year's Merc aero lol

Mclaren looks great, love that team.... after botching Sainz's pit stop, they asked him to help out Lando after his pit stop and we got to see that awesome charge at the end thanks to them but they also made sure to publicly apologize and set the record straight at the end, even though Sainz is no longer their guy.

Not too far back is Renault though! If it wasn't for the Stroll/Riccardo entanglement, Ric would have been in a better position towards the end to defend the Mclaren..... I think Fernando will be quite happy with what he is seeing, could be much worse.

Worried about Albon's pace though, i thought it was just him being unable to get confortable during the wet where he qualified 0.5s behind Max on Saturday, but on Sunday... he was almost 30 seconds back towards the end after the stops... before Max got front wing damage....

So he really is loosing 5/10ths... an eternity in Spielberg with the super short lap-times. Maybe there is a place for Vettel at RB after all?? (/s)

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
With how ruthless RedBull can be, I could honestly see them dropping Albon if he can't produce and dropping him back to AT while getting rid of one of those drivers all together.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Replace Albon with who, though? Both AT drivers were dropped by RB already haha.

Give him a chance since its a short season anyway. Or reverse on Seb.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
I wouldn't be surprised if they actually do sign Seb back to RB..... Alonso went back to Mclaren, i thought that would never be possible... and now he is back with Renault, honestly i thought he was gone for good.... silly season F1... Horner is gonna deny and deny but i know there is always discussion, they have no problem kicking Albon out, we all know that.... anything can happen.... there is a rumour going around he is gonna sign up with RP/Aston Martin...

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Carlos, I was talking about RB dropping Albon for Seb.
It is not too wild of a speculation, and it has already been said by both parties that there have been "talks".
But there are always "talks" among teams and drivers...so I don't read too much into that.

Supercrumpet

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SE 6MT
So far after 2 races this season is a good one. I hope it keeps being that way.

Driving for Ferrari seems to be every drivers dream. Maybe Carlos is just ticking that off his list of things he wants to accomplish in his career. Maybe next year will see the red cars at the front again.

Ferrari will very likely still be nowhere next year since engine development has been frozen until '22, and based on the three teams with that power unit, the Ferrari is extremely lacking. Some have speculated that their '20 car is extremely poor because they were focusing on what were originally the '21 regulations, but a few things got in their way: getting caught cheating with their '19 PU, development freeze, regulations delay, and COVID. All of those have contributed to the absolute mess they find themselves in now.

It is not too wild of a speculation, and it has already been said by both parties that there have been "talks".
But there are always "talks" among teams and drivers...so I don't read too much into that.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me either way. RB have said they're absolutely not going to have Seb coming back next year, but they also said they absolutely wouldn't fire Gasly mid-season, and then proceeded to fire him in the middle of the summer less than a month later.

As a general comment though, I'm new to the forums and a big F1 fan so I just read through this whole thread. Seeing the posts from December about various predictions and hopes for the season was really entertaining considering how driver swaps and the first two races have gone. 2020 has been absolute mayhem for F1 (and NASCAR, for that matter).

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R

Oh yeah, I knew that’s what you referred to. Imagine dropping Albon for Seb, then Horner asks Max and Seb to turn engines down and hold station.

Haha.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I've said it once and I'll say it again, I would love to see Seb go to HAAS.
I think he has more of a chance going to RB than going to HAAS though.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
If that happens, please get Grosjean out of there. We wouldn't want him to take Seb out then blame it on Ericsson who isn't even in F1 anymore LOL

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Finally was able to watch the race today. Absolutely nowhere on F1TV does it mention that TV Access users can't watch on-demand until 1.5-2 days after air date. Considering going back up to Pro because of this, it's absurd. The subscription selection makes it seem that the only thing you lose by choosing TV Access is ability to watch live.

Ferrari's fall from grace is quite the spectacle to witness

On a positive note Norris is such a stud. I'm quickly becoming a fan. I've never in my few years of following F1 chosen a favorite team/driver, but I think Norris and McClaren have won me over. Even better that Riccardo is joining up next year, cause he's a lot of fun to watch.
This is the pairing I never knew I needed til it was announced. Norris, the internet shitlord and Ricciardo, the real-life shitlord, both in one team. The team with the biggest and most consistent smiles, I cannot wait.

Good race, drive of the day was Lando for sure. I bet Carlos is questioning his next ride. Although when Lewis left McLaren to move to Benz many people including me thought he'd made a huge mistake.

On to Hungary....
I would say drive of the day belongs to Perez. Started what, 17th? Or so. He then made a triumphant march to almost take 4th, but he flew a little to close to the sun. But Norris's charge on that last lap passing Stroll, Ricciardo and Perez in less time that it took me to type this sentence, was absolutely the most exciting thing to happen in the race! I got out of my seat, what a lad. He saw an opportunity and completely SEIZED it. He must be on cloud 9 after these two races.

I saw a rumor site say this is all but confirmed. And of course, Stroll is staying right where he is, so that'll be bye-bye to Perez. It'll be expensive to buy him out of his contract, which RP can do. But I guess they think Vettel is more valuable. Although, with his Carlos Slim money, I doubt he'll have a hard time finding a new team. Maybe Haas?

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Finally was able to watch the race today. Absolutely nowhere on F1TV does it mention that TV Access users can't watch on-demand until 1.5-2 days after air date. Considering going back up to Pro because of this, it's absurd. The subscription selection makes it seem that the only thing you lose by choosing TV Access is ability to watch live.

Never used F1TV, but I watch it thru my TV's ESPN app, using my TV provider login info. You can watch it live or available for on-demand as soon as it's done airing.