BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2010 GTI

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I wish they weren't using the dumbed down settings and guest stars. I'd love to see all 20 drivers go with full realism settings.

I'll still tune in and check it out though. They need to get Jeremy Clarkson in on this.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
full realism settings.

They are limited by Codemaster's F1 2019, its not even close to something like Asseto Corsa, iRacing, Project Cars, rFactor...

Most of the team's simulators have some custom rFactor 2 code....

A virtual championship with a proper sim can be set up.... Almost all the races can be downloaded as a free mod for most of those games anyways...

Frustrating they use that game, but i guess its "The Official" one, they have no choice...

If you see last weeks not-the-AUS GP recap of all the people there, incl. sim youtubers, you can tell none of them play that game... because they dont.

codypka

Go Kart Champion
I couldn't get into the F1 e-race. Not enough regular drivers to make it interesting

NASCARs race was very well done and exciting to watch. Good mix of regular drivers, some retired guys like Dale Jr., and some "pro" I-Racing guys.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Hey all. I’ve been silent.

My wife had symptoms and because tests are only meant for those who really need it, we cannot confirm anything.

I will say, it’s the weakest I’ve ever seen her and she says it’s unlike any flu she’s ever had. But thankfully, she’s on the mend.

If any semblance of season doesn’t end up happening, be safe ya’ll. Too bad, I was really looking forward to Lewis v Max v Charles.

Cheers!

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Damn, but glad to hear she is doing better!
I hate to say it, and at the same time I suppose you can consider it lucky, but honestly the biggest impact this whole thing has had on my life so far is the cancellation of racing!
I'm still coming to the office every day because "essential" :rolleyes:. Not that I'm mad about that but I would hardly classify myself as being "essential".
My family owns a rebar fabrication shop and we are also a wholesale distributor of other construction materials, so since there is still construction that is deemend essential, there needs to be places open to supply the materials...
Other than that my town is on "lockdown", however it is not a hardcore lockdown. They aren't actually forcing any non-essential business to close, but if they don't, the need to follow the CDC's guidlines or they could face penalties.
Although I don't know who will actually be enforcing that.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
Too bad, I was really looking forward to Lewis v Max v Charles.

Cheers!

With the regulation push back to 2022 you may still get your wish. As I understand it, next year should be a lot like what this year was supposed to be. The only potential change would be with the drivers.

And there is still time left to get some races in this season.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
It will be interesting to see where everyone ends up in 2021...
Both Hamilton and Bottas' contracts are up at the end of the year but I really don't see either of them going anywhere.
Danny Ric, could make a move that would open up a seat for Seb. Also Sainz could make the move.
Verstappen is probably happy at RedBull, and even though Vettel has quite the relationship with them, I don't see him trying to go back given all that RedBull has invested in Verstappen.
A Sainz/Vettel swap seems to make sense. But who knows...