GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
I'm looking forward to a more level playing field.

Not totally related, but I always thought it would be interesting to see how every driver would do in the championship winning car.
So let every driver get a crack at a few laps in #44 and see how they stack up compared to LH himself lol.

A better test is with a neutral option. This alleviates the influence of being used to how the car drives. I loved when Top Gear would put F1 drivers in their reasonably priced car.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
A better test is with a neutral option. This alleviates the influence of being used to how the car drives. I loved when Top Gear would put F1 drivers in their reasonably priced car.

That's probably better.
Since it is all hypothetical anyway I was also thinking that the car could be set up to their driving style, but that also may compromise the performance of the car a bit.

Maybe.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
2021 should make it clear who the better drivers are with the new rules changes

In addition to Lewis...

Seb, Max, Charles, Lando, Carlos, Daniel and Alex fighting are making me giddy with excitement.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I was also thinking that the car could be set up to their driving style...

We can't use #44. Ballasts have been removed to compensate for his piercings :D

Lando in that car would get blown by the wind HAHA.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I'm looking forward to a more level playing field.

Not totally related, but I always thought it would be interesting to see how every driver would do in the championship winning car.
So let every driver get a crack at a few laps in #44 and see how they stack up compared to LH himself lol.

I would too, but I think different drivers would be suited to that kind of competition. For example I think that Max is one of if not the quickest drivers on the grid (sometimes) whereas someone like Lewis Hamilton may not be as fast when Max is on his A game, but Hamilton brings a combination of consistency and speed that other drivers could never match. Some drivers might cut a quicker lap time, but couldn’t do the long haul through a season like Lewis could. For the record I am a Leclerc fan, but I do have a large amount of respect for Lewis' race career.

TL;DR yeah it’d be pretty cool to see who is quickest

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I don't know about you guys, but I am very excited with how McLaren has been doing this season. If they can keep it up they may be able to compete with Redbull for real in the coming year or so. Hopefully they take a step forward and not back with the rule change :(

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
I agree. I have been a McLaren and Williams fan since I started watching F1. Would love to see them bring the fight to Mercedes- Ferrari meh. I'm not a huge Lewis fan but don't hate him like others do- I have an autographed hat I got from him at Indy in '08, but I am impressed by his consistency high level of performance for years now. And am actually looking forward to seeing if he can break Schumacher's record, but with a fight!

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I don't know about you guys, but I am very excited with how McLaren has been doing this season. If they can keep it up they may be able to compete with Redbull for real in the coming year or so. Hopefully they take a step forward and not back with the rule change :(
McLaren ditched Honda and picked up Renault. RBR ditched Renault and picked up Honda. Now they're both giving some of the best performances in years!!
That just goes to show how detrimental a toxic business relationship can be. I'm glad everyone's happy and innovating now.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I agree. I have been a McLaren and Williams fan since I started watching F1. Would love to see them bring the fight to Mercedes- Ferrari meh. I'm not a huge Lewis fan but don't hate him like others do- I have an autographed hat I got from him at Indy in '08, but I am impressed by his consistency high level of performance for years now. And am actually looking forward to seeing if he can break Schumacher's record, but with a fight!
I, too, want him to break it. However, if Merc keeps this pace into 2020, there probably won't be much of a fight. Even if Hamilton has 80% of this season in 2020, he should easily be the F1 driver with the most wins by this time next year.
I really disliked him for a while, but I realized most of that was just petty frustration that my favorite drivers weren't winning. There were millions of F1 fans just like that in 2000-2004, and look at how everyone regards Schumacher now. Like him or not, Hamilton's the real deal and he has been since his McLaren days. He's got the juice.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
If 2021 will bring racing like the closing laps of Brazil, I’m all for it! - thanks for the Safety car, Valteri! LOL.

Really too bad for Albon - he impresses me a lot! Lewis says it’s his mistake. But Alex did leave a gap and Lewis did go for it (in true Senna fashion) but Alex closed it too quickly(?) - Update: Lewis did get the 5sec penalty.

Any thoughts on it?

Last edited:

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Nice race once Bottas parked & the safety car came out the fun started. Albon left the door wide open & Lewis did what racers do. Darn shame Albon paid the price. I'm guessing he learned a very hard lesson today. Lewis deserved the penalty, but he should have received it before the podium. Sainz should have been up there.

Oh man how about those red cars. Simply amazing that they tripped over each other. Way to go Vettel.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Nice race once Bottas parked & the safety car came out the fun started. Albon left the door wide open & Lewis did what racers do.

How fitting for this to happen in the country where Senna is from on the 25th of his passing. Obrigado, Aryton!

Oh man how about those red cars. Simply amazing that they tripped over each other. Way to go Vettel.

Sebastian/Charles = another Lewis/Nico. I've got a design background - I will keep taking samples of Binotto's hair and get it's Pantone values see how grey it gets throughout 2020 HAHAHAHA.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Lewis shouldn't have been penalized, but who cares? Sixth big trophy is already in the bag. Lewis sealed his own penalty by saying it was his fault in the immediate interview. Even he didn't care.