GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Well to be fair to Bottas, the championship isn't decided just yet. But barring some really bad luck on Lewis's part it shouldn't be too tough.

I was just being cheeky referencing his vegan tweet.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Did you guys see the recording where they play the Suzuka start in slow mo and Bottas jumps when he sees Vettel false start? That's how he got such an amazing start. I can’t find the video on Youtube but a guy on instagram @theracingpilot posted it. It's the top post at the moment. Check it out!

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
I didn't see anything showing a slow motion of the start. If you could find the video that would be interesting to see.

The on-board footage I could find of Bottas at the start of the race doesn't indicate that he jumped.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Last edited:

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I didn't see anything showing a slow motion of the start. If you could find the video that would be interesting to see.

The on-board footage I could find of Bottas at the start of the race doesn't indicate that he jumped.

Yep, I watched Palmer’s analysis and Bottas has a another Austria 2017 start.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
More F1 in America?

Yes please!

Darn right. The renderings around Hard Rock Stadium remind me a lot of the Sochi circuit plopped in the Olympic park. That could work for a little while, but I hope they eventually move to a South Beach or downtown Miami street circuit. It would really show off Miami more. The football stadium is 15 miles north of Miami.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I'm so down for a Miami race (although I loathe the city of Miami).
But I would definitely go for a race.
I wanted to plan a trip out to COTA but I just can't justify the price.
I have done plenty of different race weekends and I can't imagine F1 being THAT much better than any other ones.
Not for like, $1000+ between tickets, flights, hotel, food, transportation....

Oh and P.S. I didn't watch the race this weekend lol.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Oh and P.S. I didn't watch the race this weekend lol.

It was boring as usual due to a supposedly-awesome finish that never happened because of another Lewis masterclass performance :p

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
It was boring as usual due to a supposedly-awesome finish that never happened because of another Lewis masterclass performance :p

The finish should have been more exciting but there was definitely tension the last 40% of the race. The aero packages on these cars seem to turn every race track into Monaco unless the tires on the car trying to overtake are only a couple laps old. Hopefully the new 2021 regs will help with this.

I felt bad for Max given how everything just seemed to go wrong for him after the qualifying incident. However the stellar performance by Albon put #7 in the America's league for Fantasy F1.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
The finish should have been more exciting but there was definitely tension the last 40% of the race. The aero packages on these cars seem to turn every race track into Monaco unless the tires on the car trying to overtake are only a couple laps old. Hopefully the new 2021 regs will help with this.

I felt bad for Max given how everything just seemed to go wrong for him after the qualifying incident. However the stellar performance by Albon put #7 in the America's league for Fantasy F1.

I didn’t get a lot of sleep the night before, but the uncertainty of the finish at the start kept me glued. Then nothing happened. As all are saying, Mexico proves the need for the 2021 changes. Hope it does!

I like Albon. He reminds me of Button - sneakily fast and usually no drama.