GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
Imagine IF his MGU-K hadn't popped, it would've been similar to Multi-21 all over again LOL.

Part of me wonders if Vettel didn't push his car too hard trying to build a gap on Leclerc, contributing to the MGU-K failure. It was odd that the team told Leclerc to push and Vettel was still gaining time on him.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Part of me wonders if Vettel didn't push his car too hard trying to build a gap on Leclerc, contributing to the MGU-K failure. It was odd that the team told Leclerc to push and Vettel was still gaining time on him.

Seb has had the faster car pretty much on all Sundays, his racecraft is better... Charles has good one lap pace on Saturday but his race pace needs work... comes with experience.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Lucky Lewis with another win lol.
They seriously are the luckiest team on the grid.

"I'm a big believer in luck. I find the more I practice, the luckier I am."

-Some football coach, probably

Seriously though, how is consistently running at the front of the grid considered "lucky?" Lucky would be a 1-2 Williams finish after every other car on the grid suffers a mechanical failure.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
Seb has had the faster car pretty much on all Sundays, his racecraft is better... Charles has good one lap pace on Saturday but his race pace needs work... comes with experience.

Racecraft aside, Vettel and Leclerc are nearly even in terms of besting one another. Vettel has finished ahead of Leclerc 9 times and Leclerc has bested Seb 7 times; and that is with Leclerc having two NC's to Vettel's one.

If Vettel has the faster car it isn't very evident. And if you go on championship points alone it would actually say the opposite.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
"I'm a big believer in luck. I find the more I practice, the luckier I am."

-Some football coach, probably

Seriously though, how is consistently running at the front of the grid considered "lucky?" Lucky would be a 1-2 Williams finish after every other car on the grid suffers a mechanical failure.

You forgot the rest of that I said:

I mean, you definitely have to be in the right place at the right time, and there is no denying that more often than not, they are....

I'm not saying they are lucky to be front runners. They for sure earn their spots by being the fastest most of the time. There is no luck in that.
But they didn't have the faster car on that Sunday, however, they were still right there when Ferrari went to shit.
Call it what you want.
I mean there is something to be said about making your own luck, and they did just that, and capitalized on Ferrari's misfortunes.
But to put it simply, yes, they got lucky with Sebs Ferrari breaking down and some VSC timing.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Racecraft aside, Vettel and Leclerc are nearly even in terms of besting one another. Vettel has finished ahead of Leclerc 9 times and Leclerc has bested Seb 7 times; and that is with Leclerc having two NC's to Vettel's one.

If Vettel has the faster car it isn't very evident. And if you go on championship points alone it would actually say the opposite.

If you look at race pace simulations done on Friday Practice, Vettel usually has the fasted average laps... same in the races on Sunday.. the F1 reddit is where you can find all that data, there is no denying that Vettel overall has a better race pace.... I wasnt necessarily talking about results...

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
If you look at race pace simulations done on Friday Practice, Vettel usually has the fasted average laps... same in the races on Sunday.. the F1 reddit is where you can find all that data, there is no denying that Vettel overall has a better race pace.... I wasnt necessarily talking about results...

That begs an interesting question though, why don't the results track with the data?

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Cannot wait for Japan!

Suzuka is one of my favourites, it happens on a Saturday night (10:10 PDT) and starts Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend!!!

See you all there. On here lol.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
You'd think they would of changed the schedule years ago as a typhoon hits literally every year during the gp...........

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
So now we have to see if/when Lewis wins his sixth title and if Vettel will outscore Leclerc before the end of the season.