GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Have you all seen the proposal to test a reverse grid qualifying race at three races next season?

They basically will have a qualifying race on Saturday, lined up to start in opposite order of the current standings.

Please. Don't go down the NASCAR road of gimmicks 24/7. This is the first step toward stage racing, playoffs at the end of the season, and eventually figure 8 tracks (non-grade separated!).

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Have you all seen the proposal to test a reverse grid qualifying race at three races next season?

They basically will have a qualifying race on Saturday, lined up to start in opposite order of the current standings.

Please. Don't go down the NASCAR road of gimmicks 24/7. This is the first step toward stage racing, playoffs at the end of the season, and eventually figure 8 tracks (non-grade separated!).

I heard about it but didn't pay attention; been too busy at work. Sounds like something Bernie would suggest.

Thanks for the details. I puked in my mouth.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Get in there Lewis! (sorry, I was 20 mins behind on DVR after going out for breakfast)

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
"Bring back the ***** V12's"

Agreed man, agreed.
Lucky Lewis with another win lol.
They seriously are the luckiest team on the grid.
I mean, you definitely have to be in the right place at the right time, and there is no denying that more often than not, they are.
But still lol.
Hard to be a Ferrari fan right about now.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R

Agreed man, agreed.
I mean, you definitely have to be in the right place at the right time, and there is no denying that more often than not, they are.
But still lol.

To be fair, Lewis drove a very good race. He kept up with the Fezzas despite being out-matched in performance.

Seb's VSC was really bad timing and luck.

Charles pitting during George's safety car, I'm not too sure about.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
+5 sec penalty for being too fashionable lol

Just like how Nico stopped cycling so he wouldn't build muscle on his calfs which meant being heavier = slower.

I reckon each of Lewis' piercings = a tenth LOL.

I can see him say fashion cost me a Driver's Championship hahahaha.

Last edited:

95gto

Go Kart Newbie

Agreed man, agreed.
But still lol.

Best quote of the year. And I would say now is way better time to be a Ferrari fan than before the summer break. The floor and nose changes seem to have fixed their aero/tire woes, so we should see real battles for the remainder of the season.

As for Vettel, I can't help but think he was pushing his car harder than the team wanted and that it could have contributed to the MGUK failure. When you consider the team told Leclerc to push and he was still losing time to Vettel and running in clean air, either Seb was just in beast mode or his car was in a high output setting.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
And I would say now is way better time to be a Ferrari fan than before the summer break.

Oh for sure, but not out of the woods yet lol.
Part of what I was getting at is the team orders though.
I understand their logic behind it but I just wish they'd let them race.

Yeah LEC got pole but he lost it with VET's great start...and he started pulling further away.
It would make no sense to swap drivers at that point, agreement or not.

VET must have thought so too when he told the engineers that LEC needed to close the gap first.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
It would make no sense to swap drivers at that point, agreement or not.

VET must have thought so too when he told the engineers that LEC needed to close the gap first.

I completely agree with Seb 100%. I'm sure Charles knew the swap would've put them in danger with Lewis not far behind, but his emotions got in the way. The agreement muddied the waters, tbh.

Seb has the experience that Charles doesn't and can see past his emotions.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Besides VET played the support role for LEC in the past. That coin has 2 sides.

Sometimes you just gotta do it for the team.
I understand that every single guy out there wants to finish 1st.
But you gotta find your way up there in order to do so.

And I don't think LEC had it in him this time.

Don't get me wrong I have always been a fan of his, and I do think he is the future of Ferrari.

But VET is still a top driver, just sitting in a car that doesn't fully suit his driving style...