GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I'd rather have Lance stroll instead of Seb these days

I can’t imagine Seb seeing himself driving a yellow camera bar next year.

Love Stroll call out Seb only to do something similar to Gasly lol.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I'm hoping to be the 2nd person to enroll at the Vettel Driving School for the Blind, Stroll being the first pupil.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I needed a reason to hate Leclerc and Ferrari (again). The squeezing of Hamilton off the track with no penalty gave it to me! :p

It's especially annoying when you consider that Hamilton has never, not once, in his entire racing career, been the beneficiary of a questionable decision by the stewards.

Oh, wait...

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
It's especially annoying when you consider that Hamilton has never, not once, in his entire racing career, been the beneficiary of a questionable decision by the stewards.

Oh, wait...

haha. Taking a Ferrari victory away and giving it to Hamilton(again) would have been really bad for the sport. Let the racers race! I like the no penalty

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Magnussen, definitely! Raikkonen, prolly not. Grosjean would've tried to overtake the wall.

:D

Lol also can't forget about Max!
In all serious though yes, I do like Leclerc, I do like Verstappen and yes, even Hamilton.
Just getting tired of the Mercedes parade.
I don't even know what to say about Vettel, hes always been my favorite but he's in such a bad place right now.
But I don't necessarily see anything wrong with what he did (LEC vs HAM).
Had there been contact? Ok maybe a bit extreme and penalty worthy, but I think the stewards and FIA are doing a good thing by using the black and white flag, instead of just handing out penalties.
Even if the rolls were reversed, I would still be saying the same thing.
I just like to watch some good racing.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Lol also can't forget about Max!
In all serious though yes, I do like Leclerc, I do like Verstappen and yes, even Hamilton.
Just getting tired of the Mercedes parade.
I don't even know what to say about Vettel, hes always been my favorite but he's in such a bad place right now.
But I don't necessarily see anything wrong with what he did (LEC vs HAM).
Had there been contact? Ok maybe a bit extreme and penalty worthy, but I think the stewards and FIA are doing a good thing by using the black and white flag, instead of just handing out penalties.
Even if the rolls were reversed, I would still be saying the same thing.
I just like to watch some good racing.

We have Max and Austria to thank for Leclerc's move on Lewis. He grew up VERY quickly after Max's move.

But honestly, I do too (re. the Merc parade) coz knowning who'd win made me less excited to watch. To be fair though, we endured five years of that with Ferrari and four with RedBull.

But as the guy who "wowed" me when I really got into F1, I want to see what Lewis can achieve until he retires. Once that happens, I'll be excited for the 2021 rules + the young blood of Max, Charles, Lando, Alex and maybe enve George.

On that note, it's time for WC permutations! :D

Last edited:

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Yeah I think I saw a blurb with Charles saying something along the lines of, well if Max can get away with THAT then I guess that's how I'll be driving.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
We have Max and Austria to thank for Leclerc's move on Lewis. He grew up VERY quickly after Max's move.

Lewis was smart had he pushed harder he may have had a DNF. Finishing third was a much better place to be.

Pretty good race yesterday. Nice to see Leclerc fend off Hamilton for most of the race. He drove a very wide car, but that is understandable. Lucky for him the steward's turned a blind eye to some of his moves. Both cars seemed about equal, but Leclerc's car was faster where it counted (on the straights). Hamilton was faster where it did him no good. Vettel chokes once again. I think his teammate is in his head & causing him all kinds of problems.

Next onto Singapore where straight line speed won't count for much.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Lewis was smart had he pushed harder he may have had a DNF. Finishing third was a much better place to be.

Pretty good race yesterday. Nice to see Leclerc fend off Hamilton for most of the race. He drove a very wide car, but that is understandable. Lucky for him the steward's turned a blind eye to some of his moves. Both cars seemed about equal, but Leclerc's car was faster where it counted (on the straights). Hamilton was faster where it did him no good. Vettel chokes once again. I think his teammate is in his head & causing him all kinds of problems.

Next onto Singapore where straight line speed won't count for much.

Singapore will make it a genuine 3-way fight with RB. This'll be exciting with Max and Alex in the mix! Maybe even Renault :D

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Singapore will make it a genuine 3-way fight with RB. This'll be exciting with Max and Alex in the mix! Maybe even Renault :D

Didn't M-B have cooling issues in Austria? Singapore's going to be even hotter, so it might come down to Ferrari vs RB, assuming Max and Alex can get away cleanly when the lights go out (something they've been struggling with all season).

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Didn't M-B have cooling issues in Austria? Singapore's going to be even hotter, so it might come down to Ferrari vs RB, assuming Max and Alex can get away cleanly when the lights go out (something they've been struggling with all season).

Crap, forgot about that.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
Finally watched Monza, and what a fiasco that was. I can't decide if the stewards were trying to avoid a repeat of Canada when they gave Leclerc the black and white flag or if they had already handed out all the penalties they had for the day by that point.

It was nice to see another fight for first but I couldn't shake the feeling that I was watching another Monaco. Both Mercs were faster but couldn't pass. What I did really like about the race though was that even if Lewis disagreed with how Leclerc was defending, he didn't let the guy get out of his car before congratulating him. I think Ferrari needed this win, especially with how they lost it last year, so good for them.

Singapore will be interesting.