GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
As a Ferrari fan, I don;t necessarily think the ruling against Seb in Canada was fair.
As a Ferrari fan, I don't necessarily see anything wrong with what Max did this past weekend.

My problem (and seemingly every one else's) lies with the FIA.
Either let them race, or don't.
But don't be so f****** inconsistent from race to race.

I have not even bothered watching the last few races. It's just not the same anymore

Burner1

Ready to race!
As a Ferrari fan, I don;t necessarily think the ruling against Seb in Canada was fair.
As a Ferrari fan, I don't necessarily see anything wrong with what Max did this past weekend.

I have not even bothered watching the last few races. It's just not the same anymore

I agree. FIA is a total disaster along with Liberty . They’re gonna water down the sport to appeal to a wider audience . Not good for true fans of the sport. God I miss Bernie , he ran it with an iron fist . A total dictatorship , which is what F1 needed and needs .

Burner1

Ready to race!

I used to record every single Qualy and race no matter what . This year I have found myself missing a couple of races because I forgot-This would have never happened years ago.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I used to record every single Qualy and race no matter what . This year I have found myself missing a couple of races because I forgot-This would have never happened years ago.

Exactly.

I'd stay away from all social media till I could find the time to watch quali. and race.

Now, I just check after it's finished.

At least the podium was sort of shaken up a bit.

It's nice to see someone else claim that top (and even other 2) spots from time to time.

I'm rooting for LEC for sure. I have also been a fan of VER (most of the time).

For years I've been a VET fan but his last few seasons make me think he really does not have what it takes when he is not provided with the best car on the grid.

And of course I like to see BOT beat HAM haha.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie

Maybe I am missing something but what Vettel did in Canada was very different from what Max did in Austria. Was there a previous incident like what happened with Max and Leclerc that got a different ruling?

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I'm not comparing the two. Just pointing out 2 recent (and somewhat controversial) instances where the FIA had to make a decision based on written rules.

VET came back on to the track dangerously and pinched HAM, but no contact.
FIA needs to go back and look to see if any rules were broken, and they decide: yes.

VER got alongside LEC and pinched him off the track, contact WAS made.
FIA needs to go back and look to see if any rules were broken, and they decide: no.

Both of these "rules" that are being reviewed, leave too much room for interpretation, which inevitably will lead to inconsistent decision making.
I realize that all factors have to be considered, and every instance may not be like the last, but I just feel as if it would be better off if some of these rules did not exist.

In other news:
What is everyone's thought on the HAAS and Rich Energy stuff going down on social media? lol

Last edited:

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
In other news:
What is everyone's thought on the HAAS and Rich Energy stuff going down on social media? lol

Shitty! But apparently, it was a rogue employee who posted the tweet.

Can't wait for the British GP. It was one of my favourite tracks on F1 Mobile :D

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Can't wait for the British GP. It was one of my favourite tracks on F1 Mobile :D

Silverstone weekend! Woot!!!

Speaking of video games, Amazon delivered my son's preordered copy of F1 2019 for XBox several days ago. When I ordered, the picture showed VET and HAM on the cover. When it arrived, it had that sorry sack of Canadian shit Lance Stroll on the cover with HAM.

Is that a North America thing? I hope the rest of the world didn't have to suffer such silliness.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
I'm not comparing the two. Just pointing out 2 recent (and somewhat controversial) instances where the FIA had to make a decision based on written rules.

VET came back on to the track dangerously and pinched HAM, but no contact.
FIA needs to go back and look to see if any rules were broken, and they decide: yes.

VER got alongside LEC and pinched him off the track, contact WAS made.
FIA needs to go back and look to see if any rules were broken, and they decide: no.

Both of these "rules" that are being reviewed, leave too much room for interpretation, which inevitably will lead to inconsistent decision making.
I realize that all factors have to be considered, and every instance may not be like the last, but I just feel as if it would be better off if some of these rules did not exist.

In other news:

I can agree that the rules need some adjustments. It was in trying to be consistent with rule enforcement that the FIA gave Vettel a ridiculous penalty Canada. Consistency is important but I think the circumstances of the occurrence need to weigh in just as heavily as past events.

As for the Rich Energy thing, I am not sure what to think. It sounds like high school gamesmanship between people on the board and the CEO.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Silverstone weekend! Woot!!!

Speaking of video games, Amazon delivered my son's preordered copy of F1 2019 for XBox several days ago. When I ordered, the picture showed VET and HAM on the cover. When it arrived, it had that sorry sack of Canadian shit Lance Stroll on the cover with HAM.

Is that a North America thing? I hope the rest of the world didn't have to suffer such silliness.

Woah there, I’m Canadian. What do you have against Canad.... wait you said Stroll? Fire away, my friend :p

In addition to the one with Ham & Vettel, I’ve seen covers with Ham & Sainz, Ham & Kubica, Leclerc & Gasly. All of them said Anniversary Edition. Does yours say that? There’s also a Legends Edition with Senna & Prost.

By chance, does it have any Québécois (French Canadian) on the cover along with English? Perhaps you got a special one slated for the Canadian market, but unlikely one exists. The Leclerc & Gasly cover was in full French, for example.

Last edited:

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Here's the cover:

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Yep, most likely a Canadian market game. I thought it was a special one for Canada, which I didn't think would exist.

Come to think about it, it makes sense as everything in Canada has to have English and French as they're both official languages.

Do the cars sound like Celine Dion? lol

Last edited:

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
It's funny how they have a US flag for English and a France flag for French.

Canada is the Rodney Dangerfield of countries.