GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 FORMULA 1 SEASON

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I skipped the last 2 races but watched most of it yesterday.
It was a good one for sure.
Not sure why/how Seb has forgotten to drive but oh well.
It is just comical at this point.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
For sure a good ending! Max and Hamilton's little battle at the end was pretty nail biting. I personally would not have minded one bit if they crashed into each other and DNF'd Hammy lol

Part of me was definitely hoping for that. But at the same time I was very pleased to see such a responsible and “mature” drive from Max especially towards the end. He kept it very in check.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
I think everyone else was happier about Kimi's win than he was, his post race interview didn't sound much different from the ones where he only netted a 2nd or 3rd place finish. Definitely glad he was able to score at least one more win before heading to Sauber.

Given Hamilton's pre-race comments about Verstappen I was not surprised that he handled the potential overtake with extreme care, and I think that might have contributed to him being out of position and having to go off track.

As for Seb, at least he collected himself after the mistake and made sure that had Hamilton finished P2 the championship would still not have been decided.

Also I think Red Bull should have gotten a few extra constructors points for the race suits they put their guys in.

Mike-E

Go Kart Newbie
I was getting my oil changed yesterday at the local VW dealer. By chance I picked up a 2016 Racer magazine. The cover story was "Does Kimi have a future with Ferrari".

I busted a gut laughing.

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
Also I think Red Bull should have gotten a few extra constructors points for the race suits they put their guys in.

For sure! When they showed Ricciardo fully out of his car after it failed, I thought it was one of the random track workers at first. Then it hit me and made it even more awesome, especially with Max flaunting it on the podium.

One of the reasons I love RB racing in general, they just seem to have so much fun all the time in a lot of little ways.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie

Last edited:

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
We all have to admit, fan or not, he is a great of the sport. He IS the most complete driver of his generation and has the achievements to back it up. And he DIDN’T have the best car this season.

His jetset style will never be my thing, but it’s his life outside F1. I’m sure Jame Hunt would’ve approved LOL.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I'm sure I have voiced my opinion of Hamilton in this thread already but if you forgot, I was not a fan.
However, HOWEVER, this season made me respect him a little more.

But only just a little lol.

He truly deserved the title this year.
He was able to stay focused and collected when it mattered while others around him fell apart.Yeah he may have been lucky a time or two, or just been in the right place at the right time, but that's racing. a
Sometimes it's not all about being JUST the fastest car/driver out there.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I'm sure I have voiced my opinion of Hamilton in this thread already but if you forgot, I was not a fan.
However, HOWEVER, this season made me respect him a little more.

But only just a little lol.

He truly deserved the title this year.
He was able to stay focused and collected when it mattered while others around him fell apart.Yeah he may have been lucky a time or two, or just been in the right place at the right time, but that's racing. a
Sometimes it's not all about being JUST the fastest car/driver out there.

I definitely agree with you. He is the best driver on the grid this year and well deserves the championship. I just can’t get by his constant whining when things don't go his way. Or when he makes a mistake and blames it on the team or something. For example in Mexico when he out broke himself he blamed his tires. No you out broke yourself. Stop making excuses. You're an excellent driver but everyone makes mistakes.

+1 on Sebastian being very sportsmanlike.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I definitely agree with you. He is the best driver on the grid this year and well deserves the championship. I just can’t get by his constant whining when things don't go his way. Or when he makes a mistake and blames it on the team or something. For example in Mexico when he out broke himself he blamed his tires. No you out broke yourself. Stop making excuses. You're an excellent driver but everyone makes mistakes.

+1 on Sebastian being very sportsmanlike.

As a fan of Lewis, I keep forgetting to mention his whining in addition to his lifestyle. Yeah, that’s a turn off for me.

But Seb’s class has him notched way higher in my list.

Toto’s lack of pants has me waiting for a headline about Susie flipping out LOL.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
My comment was meant with regard to how he congratulated his competitors when Lewis won the driver's championship, especially given some of his on track antics this season and last.