GOLFMKV

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
I am, and we set the rake to 0.25" with the last ride height adjustment/corner balance and I am happy with the car's stance (photo has the car with the 265/35R18 tires on my other wheels): https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...-golf-r.366763/page-5#lg=post-7332959&slide=2

Awesome, as long as there's room to corner balance and keep some rake, then I don't care about it being "only" 5mm lower or whatever. My MSS springs, when I had them, could not corner balance and keep at least 5mm rake without going higher than stock ride height by as much as 12mm on one corner. We'll see how the Pss10 work out...I hear they are super low, so i'll likely keep them on max height/travel.

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
Awesome, as long as there's room to corner balance and keep some rake, then I don't care about it being "only" 5mm lower or whatever. My MSS springs, when I had them, could not corner balance and keep at least 5mm rake without going higher than stock ride height by as much as 12mm on one corner. We'll see how the Pss10 work out...I hear they are super low, so i'll likely keep them on max height/travel.

The 265 tires determined the ride height on my car and not the adjustment range of the Ohlins (edit: with the caveat that I am _not_ running the standard Ohlins spring package - refer to my post on the previous page in this thread for details on my spring setup). The ride height on my car is as low as it can go without rubbing. I could go somewhat lower on a narrower tire but my plan is to standardize on the 265's on my R.

Last edited:

Crild

Drag Race Newbie

They lower the vehicle 15-35mm. thats nowhere near super low.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
The 265 tires determined the ride height on my car and not the adjustment range of the Ohlins (edit: with the caveat that I am _not_ running the standard Ohlins spring package - refer to my post on the previous page in this thread for details on my spring setup). The ride height on my car is as low as it can go without rubbing. I could go somewhat lower on a narrower tire but my plan is to standardize on the 265's on my R.

Ohlins themselves said even with a revalve and spring change you will still ride on bump stops if you exceed 5mm drop as there is only so much travel to begin with. I have no idea how you aren't experiencing that.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I guess my scale is different from yours...
35mm just sounds silly low to me for this suspension and body design.
I would say around 30mm is just about perfect. i'm at 25mm now with springs and its close to what I believe would be the boundary between track stance and low boi stance.

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
You don't know either but, OK boomer
1337574015585_7701277.png

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Let's not ruin one of the best threads in what's a cesspool of stupid that infests the rest of the forum.

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
Let's not ruin one of the best threads in what's a cesspool of stupid that infests the rest of the forum.

Agree. Cliff's posts and answers to requests on PM have been VERY valuable. He knows what he's talking about. Anyone who's been on this forum for a while knows Crild's posts aren't worth reading and learns to just skip over them. He brilliantly said he hoped I crashed on track (yes, really) because I was using a brake pad he likes to dump on. Let's ignore them and move on.

Reactions: q74

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP

Thank You for the props!!

I welcome healthy debate and discussion. I don’t expect folks to agree with me. My posts are based on my experiences and my preferences/tastes. My stopwatch judges my mods. I want folks to enjoy DEs. Work on getting faster safely without wasting money. In turn I want to learn from the rest of the community on how to improve my car and learn as a driver.

Running a car hard on track will soon expose the weaknesses and shortcomings. Some of us are on limited budgets and have to spend money wisely.

I share my videos. Including my mistakes, so that others can learn as I did. Is it embarrassing. Hell yeah it is! But as an instructor once told me, you need to grow some testicular fortitude to drive on track at SPEED.

I certainly do not wish anyone ill will or harm ever. Especially on track Or in life.

Lets add value to this forum and share respectfully.......

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Thank You for the props!!

I welcome healthy debate and discussion. I don’t expect folks to agree with me. My posts are based on my experiences and my preferences/tastes. My stopwatch judges my mods. I want folks to enjoy DEs. Work on getting faster safely without wasting money. In turn I want to learn from the rest of the community on how to improve my car and learn as a driver.

Running a car hard on track will soon expose the weaknesses and shortcomings. Some of us are on limited budgets and have to spend money wisely.

I share my videos. Including my mistakes, so that others can learn as I did. Is it embarrassing. Hell yeah it is! But as an instructor once told me, you need to grow some testicular fortitude to drive on track at SPEED.

I certainly do not wish anyone ill will or harm ever. Especially on track Or in life.

Lets add value to this forum and share respectfully.......

100% agree. It's one thing to challenge each other, learn from each other, and be respectful; ignorance and arrogance don't have a place, especially on a track. We've all met the corvette drivers ;)...joking...

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Uploaded a video from a good friend following me in his M3. I appreciated it, as it gave me a different view of my lines. We had fun all weekend gridding up together. Swopping back and forth. We got caught behind two trains so didn’t get many clean laps.