GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Yep.. and the WRX will have insane resale value compared to the GTI in 3-5years+, no doubt about it.

This is the argument I had with my wife earlier tonight. My 2012 WRX had 11,000 miles on it when I traded it in. The Subaru dealership offered me $24,000 for it whereas the VW dealership offered me $23,000 on trade. Keep in mind, that car had a MSRP of just over $27,000 when I purchased it in December 2011 and I traded it in October 2013.

As for the GTI, the Driver's Edition had a MSRP of nearly $32,000 when I purchased it in October 2013. Guess what I was recently offered on the near six month old GTI with 6,000 miles? $18,000! Holy depreciation Batman! That is the ONLY reason I still have the GTI. While I don't love it, I don't hate it enough to take that kind of a hit!

squall

Ready to race!
That surprising because WRX/STi's have been ridiculous to insure in the past.

it might be because i'm 36 with 2 cars and a house on the same policy. state farm seems to be pretty good though, my old z06, current gti and future sti are all within 10 dollars of each other.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
This is the argument I had with my wife earlier tonight. My 2012 WRX had 11,000 miles on it when I traded it in. The Subaru dealership offered me $24,000 for it whereas the VW dealership offered me $23,000 on trade. Keep in mind, that car had a MSRP of just over $27,000 when I purchased it in December 2011 and I traded it in October 2013.

As for the GTI, the Driver's Edition had a MSRP of nearly $32,000 when I purchased it in October 2013. Guess what I was recently offered on the near six month old GTI with 6,000 miles? $18,000! Holy depreciation Batman! That is the ONLY reason I still have the GTI. While I don't love it, I don't hate it enough to take that kind of a hit!

This.
I'd recommend a WRX to anyone because of this.

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
I'll get to see it in person at the NY auto show this weekend and decide if I want to go a step further and get a test drive. My girl is pretty much all for it since she loves Subaru, probably the only potential vehicle purchase she would not care about me spending the money on. With my GTI payments finished in December I just don't know how much I want to get into another set of payments again. Maybe I'll get lucky and hate the car when I see it at the auto show and then this dilemma goes away lol.

squall

Ready to race!
I'll get to see it in person at the NY auto show this weekend and decide if I want to go a step further and get a test drive. My girl is pretty much all for it since she loves Subaru, probably the only potential vehicle purchase she would not care about me spending the money on. With my GTI payments finished in December I just don't know how much I want to get into another set of payments again. Maybe I'll get lucky and hate the car when I see it at the auto show and then this dilemma goes away lol.

good luck with that. i was on the fence about the new styling till i saw it in person. the pictures really dont do it justice. the body lines are sexy and it has such a nice, wide stance. it just looks mean as hell in person. you will def like it.

mmoran903

Ready to race!
The woman said "just get the nav- you'll be happy you spent a little more".

Bought the dark grey one on the lot, waiting for it to be cleaned so I can head on home

MSRP 31,693 and paid 29,995.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
NOICE

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The woman said "just get the nav- you'll be happy you spent a little more".

Bought the dark grey one on the lot, waiting for it to be cleaned so I can head on home

MSRP 31,693 and paid 29,995.

NICE. pics? that has the HK 440w system yes, let us know how it is?

BlueEwok1

Banned
Now heres the million dollar question..Now that scion and subaru are partnershiping for the brz/frs...

If Scion released turbo all wheel drive sedan would you buy it? Subaru engine, Subaru all wheel drive..everything else scion..

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Now heres the million dollar question..Now that scion and subaru are partnershiping for the brz/frs...

If Scion released turbo all wheel drive sedan would you buy it? Subaru engine, Subaru all wheel drive..everything else scion..

isn't that alrady the same question now as the BRZ/FRS, pretty much? ;)

great color choice. I ordered a dark grey metallic sti. post up some pics..

you lucky bastage! :w00t::thumbup:

mmoran903

Ready to race!

Right before I left.

Some initial first impressions:

-Fuck, it's so much faster/more responsive.
-Harmon Kardon sound system is arguably inferior to the stock GTI sound system
-You can navigate your music/Nav system with your voice
-You can use the head unit to navigate your music when streamed through BT, unlike the GTI.
-Nav has traffic option, which is pretty sweet. Useful for those of us in the outer city limits.
-gearbox feels SO good.
-Road/Wind noise noticably less with only 1 window or sunroof down. In the GTI it was all or nothing.

be back later so i can do more driving :)

(i'll bring more pics)