GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

jmdeis11

Ready to race!
From playing around with the config on Subaru's website it looks like I would need the WRX Limited to not feel like I am stepping down feature wise from the GTI. Doesn't make it as attractive price wise as I had hoped. I'll have to see what it comes out to with 10% under invoice. Didn't see any performance/sports package option on any of them. The only model with any packages is the Limited and that is Nav/Audio/Keyless one.

Go check one out, a number of dealers in nj have at least one on the lot now. I went and looked at a premium (ie mid level) wrx yesterday, and the interior seemed pretty nice to me. The fit and finish is not as good as the GTI, but I definitely didn't feel like i'd be slumming it. The improved performance outweighs the slight downgrade in interior for me. It definitely looks much better in person. Plus it's not wrong-wheel drive, which is probably the biggest thing for me.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I just wish the premium model came with the nice headlights. Looks like a few dealers near me already have a few in stock. Maybe I'll go check one out...

Initially, they were going to, but I don't know why that changed.

From playing around with the config on Subaru's website it looks like I would need the WRX Limited to not feel like I am stepping down feature wise from the GTI. Doesn't make it as attractive price wise as I had hoped. I'll have to see what it comes out to with 10% under invoice. Didn't see any performance/sports package option on any of them. The only model with any packages is the Limited and that is Nav/Audio/Keyless one.

If you can live w/o keyless, skip the nav/audio, imho - save your money and upgrade via the aftermarket. I love subaru, but their I.C.E. stuff is absolutely horrible. I mean, maybe the HK sounds ok, but their nav and BT stuff is usually not so hot.

eclipse gum sucks these days.

:lol:

dave80

Go Kart Champion
i used to make wrigley's gum back in the day when the factory was still opened in chicago, so I can say that.

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
If you can live w/o keyless, skip the nav/audio, imho - save your money and upgrade via the aftermarket. I love subaru, but their I.C.E. stuff is absolutely horrible. I mean, maybe the HK sounds ok, but their nav and BT stuff is usually not so hot.

This is what I'm wondering about. Would an aftermarket head unit work with all the controls already in the car? Like the buttons on the steering wheel?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
i used to make wrigley's gum back in the day when the factory was still opened in chicago, so I can say that.

#oldschool ;)

This is what I'm wondering about. Would an aftermarket head unit work with all the controls already in the car? Like the buttons on the steering wheel?

Should, yes. There is SWAC or whatever they are called, modules, you can order and spec to your headunit. I had it in my 08 STI and my one buddy has it in his still to this day. It interfaces the oem controls to whatever aftermarket unit you are using. Any good audio shop should be able to advise you on that stuff.

legandrex

Ready to race!
Have one on order. Going to be a limited with Nav/HK/manual tranny. Sure nav might not be great, but HK will sound nice. Don't want kicker sub in trunk and don't want to dick around with aftermarket. Even skipped short throw shifter because some initial feedback is stock is pretty good. Don't really need any other options. Told dealer I am flexible on color but would prefer silver, galaxy blue, or white in that order. Told it will be roughly two months. My plan is to use the stock 17's and put all seasons or snows on for winter and get 18's for summer. Been perusing craigslist for used sti wheels as one option or leaning towards enkei M52 wheel in hyper black. Had a 02 bugeye wrx in 2001 so it will be fun to have one again. Won't be modding it except for throwing in some Stoptech pads and better fluid so I can take it on a track day or two. GTI has been great and will always have much respect for it as the swiss army knife of fun cars.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Have one on order. Going to be a limited with Nav/HK/manual tranny. Sure nav might not be great, but HK will sound nice. Don't want kicker sub in trunk and don't want to dick around with aftermarket. Even skipped short throw shifter because some initial feedback is stock is pretty good. Don't really need any other options. Told dealer I am flexible on color but would prefer silver, galaxy blue, or white in that order. Told it will be roughly two months. My plan is to use the stock 17's and put all seasons or snows on for winter and get 18's for summer. Been perusing craigslist for used sti wheels as one option or leaning towards enkei M52 wheel in hyper black. Had a 02 bugeye wrx in 2001 so it will be fun to have one again. Won't be modding it except for throwing in some Stoptech pads and better fluid so I can take it on a track day or two. GTI has been great and will always have much respect for it as the swiss army knife of fun cars.

I'm exactly with you on the tires and stoptech pads, maybe some lines, etc.

Yeah, HK better sound nice, $2K option with the terrible nav ;)

I love it in silver. The white is nice - my buddy has his coming in within a few weeks in white. He also mentioned this SS talk that you speak of, which is surprising to me, since the SS kit I had in my 08 STI was pretty damnn good, but now he is nervous since he ordered it with his and it will be his first stick car, lol.

Also heard the kicker sub sucks as well.

legandrex

Ready to race!
I'm exactly with you on the tires and stoptech pads, maybe some lines, etc.

Yeah, HK better sound nice, $2K option with the terrible nav ;)

I love it in silver. The white is nice - my buddy has his coming in within a few weeks in white. He also mentioned this SS talk that you speak of, which is surprising to me, since the SS kit I had in my 08 STI was pretty damnn good, but now he is nervous since he ordered it with his and it will be his first stick car, lol.

Also heard the kicker sub sucks as well.

I had the STI short throw in my 05 Legacy GT and it was great...however some cars are too short such as my fathers 2011 GT500. It is so short I sometimes wonder if I have it in gear when I drive it. I have been fine with stock GTI shifter so would think stock wrx will serve me well. Wish it had a ski pass through to take my daughters skiing cause no way in hell they will approve my suggestion to sit next to each other on 60 part of the 60/40 rear seat. Might have to get a rack I guess. When I get it I will post some pics here.

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!

Yeah looking at it I could live without that package especially since like you said it won't exactly be top notch. I could always go aftermarket if I needed.

My plan is to use the stock 17's and put all seasons or snows on for winter and get 18's for summer.

Good point on the tires. I would have to factor in either a set of all seasons year round or a second set of tires and wheels for the winter into the overall cost of the vehicle.

adolan21

Ready to race!
So if anyone really wants the CVT, they have to get a premium and pay $1200, basically puts you at $30k. That's a pricey penalty for wanting the CVT!

formul8

My GLI farts
Car(s)
2006 GLI
I had the STI short throw in my 05 Legacy GT and it was great...however some cars are too short such as my fathers 2011 GT500. It is so short I sometimes wonder if I have it in gear when I drive it.

Like 2" of total travel and skips neutral. Much clickity.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion

Somebody on Nasioc already started doing some minor changes....

With a nice set of wheels + coils + a tune from Cobb, this thing can make a nice daily driver.