GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
thanks, I think :)

:w00t:

I always thought of Subies as the Pug or Bulldog of cars... there ugly as hell but you sit back and pause for a second and your like that car is cool as hell.

the new one? it did go up a little in weight and got wider.
You can tell, I haven't even looked at specs... I hate that cars are becoming bigger. Kinda like when the Tocoma went from a compact truck to now looking like med-sized truck.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
well... longer wheelbase is good.. as is a wider track :)

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys - i'm late to the party... is there an official date out for this yet? not sure if ya'll heard but I totaled my GTI :( In the market for something new.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Initial orders taken by SOA indicate a possible late April delivery.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yep.. so in some ways, glad I do not have one on order/not getting one for now at least. my buddy is tho, lol.

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
kind of nerve racking buying a car w/o driving it, no?

Yeah I could never buy a car without a proper test drive. I'm more than fine waiting to drive the WRX to see if I actually like it. If not oh well I put up with the GTI until something else comes along or I win the lottery.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jmdeis11

Ready to race!
Hey guys - i'm late to the party... is there an official date out for this yet? not sure if ya'll heard but I totaled my GTI :( In the market for something new.

kind of nerve racking buying a car w/o driving it, no?

Orders are open, people are starting to get VINs and delivery dates, the first ones are supposed to be delivered mid april. East coast ordering didnt start until a little later though, so we'll probably get them later as well.

It's definitely a little unsettling ordering a car I've never driven (and it's very unlike me), but given my experience with the old wrx and the reviews of the new one, I'm fairly confident it's what I'm looking for. Plus if it gets here and I don't like it, I can bail, although I doubt that will happen. Btw, good luck getting a subaru dealer to let you test drive one. They're notorious for not giving test drives in WRX/STIs, and very few of the early ones will be unspoken for when they arrive. But I'm in the area if you want to drive mine when it comes....

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
Btw, good luck getting a subaru dealer to let you test drive one. They're notorious for not giving test drives in WRX/STIs, and very few of the early ones will be unspoken for when they arrive.

Talked to the salesman I know and he was more than happy to let me know when they get the WRX in so I can stop by for a test drive. I guess having dealt with him before with my girlfriend helps. He did say that getting a hold of one with an auto might take a while as they aren't as high priority for many dealers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mmoran903

Ready to race!
Orders are open, people are starting to get VINs and delivery dates, the first ones are supposed to be delivered mid april. East coast ordering didnt start until a little later though, so we'll probably get them later as well.

It's definitely a little unsettling ordering a car I've never driven (and it's very unlike me), but given my experience with the old wrx and the reviews of the new one, I'm fairly confident it's what I'm looking for. Plus if it gets here and I don't like it, I can bail, although I doubt that will happen. Btw, good luck getting a subaru dealer to let you test drive one. They're notorious for not giving test drives in WRX/STIs, and very few of the early ones will be unspoken for when they arrive. But I'm in the area if you want to drive mine when it comes....

I got told last night that the new STIs were being "presold" at a premium over sticker. The salesman told me that of the 500 (i think?) allocated to the US for the special edition, 4 were coming to my local dealer and 2 had already been sold.

And FWIW, when I originally wanted to test drive a WRX last year they told me because they had none in stock and only 1 in transit i'd have to put a deposit down just to drive it. Otherwise they'd let it sit on the lot upon arrival for sale.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Those recent R videos making you think of trying one?

nah, can't do that kind of car price tag anymore... 3 kids, mortgage, trippin' balls wife, etc., etc...

My buddy just got an ETA delivery date of 4/17 for his WRX. He's stoked.

illDub6

Ready to race!
I'm selling a wrx wagon with a big turbo check my thread

v-dug

Go Kart Champion
I'm just posting to keep up with this thread. Went through all 36 pages when I found it last week. Coming from the Subaru world, this has me excited. I passed on an 09 WRX and bought the GTI because the WRX handling felt so sloshy when stock.

I might move back to a Subaru in the next few years. OR try to keep my GTI as a beater and go Porshe or Corvette as a second car.