GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
all good. I'm gonna go see if any of the nasioc chitown guys posted pics, cos there were of course a bunch of Polish dudes checking it out and taking photos, lol.

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
The rear of the wrx reminds of the e90 3 series, pretty sick! The front looks hideous. No headroom whatsoever, phuking terrible! I guess the seats don't go down as much, so you get that high angle view. The 2014 hatch is a freaking beauty compared to the new wrx, especially from the front. You also get tons more head room.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Rear does look good and similar to the BMW , esp with the trunk lid spoiler lip.

Front is... "aight", I guess. Very Evo X-ish.

Headroom? how tall are you?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
2015 WRX sedan

Front/Rear

HEADROOM 39.8/37.1 in
LEGROOM 43.3/35.4 in
SHOULDER ROOM 55.6/54.2 in

2014 WRX hatch

HEADROOM 39.3 in. / 37.5 in.
LEGROOM 43.5 in. / 33.5 in.
SHOULDER 54.8 in. / 53.2 in.

Only half an inch difference in the front.. everything else about the same :iono: definitely noticed the extra legroom in the rear, that's for sure. More shoulder room noted in the new one.

Good read for comparo vs the Focus ST:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1404_2014_ford_focus_st_vs_2015_subaru_wrx_comparison/

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The rear of the wrx reminds of the e90 3 series, pretty sick! The front looks hideous. No headroom whatsoever, phuking terrible! I guess the seats don't go down as much, so you get that high angle view. The 2014 hatch is a freaking beauty compared to the new wrx, especially from the front. You also get tons more head room.

Looks more like a corolla...

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
Headroom measurments are good to ballpark things when comparing them on paper, otherwise, they are useless. There was 2-3" difference between the two. Both w/out the sunroofs. You definitely sink in with the hatch, somewhat similar to GTI flexibility. The hatch roof line helps too i'm sure.

2015 WRX sedan

Front/Rear

HEADROOM 39.8/37.1 in
LEGROOM 43.3/35.4 in
SHOULDER ROOM 55.6/54.2 in

2014 WRX hatch

HEADROOM 39.3 in. / 37.5 in.
LEGROOM 43.5 in. / 33.5 in.
SHOULDER 54.8 in. / 53.2 in.

Only half an inch difference in the front.. everything else about the same :iono: definitely noticed the extra legroom in the rear, that's for sure. More shoulder room noted in the new one.

Good read for comparo vs the Focus ST:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1404_2014_ford_focus_st_vs_2015_subaru_wrx_comparison/

Yep, pretty much. Corolla on roids.

Looks more like a corolla...

McQueen77

Banned
Finally got around to looking at this. Looks like a hell of a car. Beast. Probably a blast to drive. Front end is hideous and interior looks like Toyota circa 1998 with nicer pedals, but this car is still boss. I'd never buy one of these because I'm way too big of a post-yuppie A-hole but you can't really go wrong with this car.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Headroom measurments are good to ballpark things when comparing them on paper, otherwise, they are useless. There was 2-3" difference between the two. Both w/out the sunroofs. You definitely sink in with the hatch, somewhat similar to GTI flexibility. The hatch roof line helps too i'm sure.

Yep, pretty much. Corolla on roids.

huh? the 2015 WRX there had a sunroof, did they have another one without it?

The sinking in feeling could be due to the older seats and seating position.

Yes, Corolla. Old news, lol...

Finally got around to looking at this. Looks like a hell of a car. Beast. Probably a blast to drive. Front end is hideous and interior looks like Toyota circa 1998 with nicer pedals, but this car is still boss. I'd never buy one of these because I'm way too big of a post-yuppie A-hole but you can't really go wrong with this car.

Post-yuppie? I'd see pre-, honestly :lol:

but yeah.. it's hideous.. it's what makes a Subaru, a Subaru.

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
huh? the 2015 WRX there had a sunroof, did they have another one without it?

The sinking in feeling could be due to the older seats and seating position.

Yes, Corolla. Old news, lol...

Post-yuppie? I'd see pre-, honestly :lol:

but yeah.. it's hideous.. it's what makes a Subaru, a Subaru.

My bad, i was thinking of the FRS for some reason. Both of them had the sunroofs. Good catch!

legandrex

Ready to race!
Spent enough time in the Subaru display checking out the WRX at the Chitown auto show that my brother started to question my sexuality. Gunkata has a list of issues with WRX and he can add dealing with rainbow, wnba, and other homophobic talk from friends and relatives as a negative. I don't care...still 95 percent going to be my next car!!!