GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
MINIs are wantfull machines. The big question will be reliability. Hopefully your girlfriend's car treats her well, and I'm sure BMW has worked out some kinks for the new one. I could see making that switch.

The WRX is cool, and I'm sure great...but I dunno. Gaters gonna gate.

I won't be making a jump for a long while. Test drives, doe. I will be making plenty of those.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
I was able to get a test drive on the previous gen WRX. Salesman dude bro didn't even go with me, he just tossed me the keys and said be easy on it.

HA

Car was a little monster. A little sloppy wet noodle of a monster.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
By test drive I meant dash stroking.

Certainly they'll allow me to sit in their showroom WRX and stroke the dash.

You'll be disappointed. The interior is certainly not built for dash-stroking like the GTI is.

I was able to get a test drive on the previous gen WRX. Salesman dude bro didn't even go with me, he just tossed me the keys and said be easy on it.

HA

Car was a little monster. A little sloppy wet noodle of a monster.

Holy shit, was it used?

adolan21

Ready to race!
You'll be disappointed. The interior is certainly not built for dash-stroking like the GTI is.

Holy shit, was it used?

At Subaru dealership:

Me: "I'm here to look at the new WRX."
Salesperson: "Great would you like to test drive it?"
Me: "Actually I'm here to fondle the dash, poke it to make sure it is soft touch rubber, measure the gaps with this ruler I brought, and compare it to my GTI's superior interior."

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
At Subaru dealership:

Me: "Actually I'm here to fondle the dash, poke it to make sure it is soft touch rubber, measure the gaps with this ruler I brought, and compare it to my GTI's superior interior."

:bellyroll:

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
At Subaru dealership:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

dtraill27

Go Kart Champion
To be fair I was able to test drive a new WRX and an STI just for the hell of it at two seperate dealers when I was looking at WRXs only one dealer gave me a hard time about the WRX and the BRZ. They asked if I was going to be buying within the next 6 months and I was but they didn't let me drive the BRZ because we kind of ruled it out as not being pratical. They say they try to sell new cars with as close to 0 miles as possible. I expect the newer WRXs to be a bit harder than the current ones to get a test drive on

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Holy shit, was it used?

Nope. It was probably dudebro's 1st week. He looked nervous. But handed them keys right over to 25-year-old me. It was a white 2010 5MT sedan, with like 14 miles on it.

Me on the test drive:

]

No rly, I did get some air, and did have it sideways. And did of course drive the hell out of it. It rocked. Looked like a Corolla doe.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
To be fair I was able to test drive a new WRX and an STI just for the hell of it at two seperate dealers when I was looking at WRXs only one dealer gave me a hard time about the WRX and the BRZ. They asked if I was going to be buying within the next 6 months and I was but they didn't let me drive the BRZ because we kind of ruled it out as not being pratical. They say they try to sell new cars with as close to 0 miles as possible. I expect the newer WRXs to be a bit harder than the current ones to get a test drive on

This is why you roll up in a previous gen or a more expensive sports car...make em think they got an easy sale. Pull up in a rented s7 and see if they wont let you test drive it then. lol

legandrex

Ready to race!
The sounds in that video are some of the worst I've ever heard come from a car. But WRXs have always sounded pretty awesome in real life in my experience so I won't pass judgement yet.

The only sounds I didn't like were the seat belt chime and the door ajar noise. From one of the reviews I read they liked the combination of mechanical noise from the tranny/engine/exhaust/turbo. I admit though it is very difficult to make it sound better than a car with a vibrating buzz box in the dash.;)

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The only sounds I didn't like were the seat belt chime and the door ajar noise. From one of the reviews I read they liked the combination of mechanical noise from the tranny/engine/exhaust/turbo. I admit though it is very difficult to make it sound better than a car with a vibrating buzz box in the dash.;)

OH DANG!!!!!!

SHIT, SON!! YOU FUCKED HIM UP, BAD!!!!!

:lol: :clap: