GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i like that it's a lot less ricey and more plain than before. i'd be less embarrassed to drive it at my age. the next car in a year or two will be a hard decision.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
3 door hatch or 2 door coupe wrx and you got me sold.

Now this is where it's at. If they just adopted the old body style with some modern technology like projectors I'd take a hit on the GTI for it.

butchered by autocorrecr

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I dunno, looks to sub-compact econo car to me......

legandrex

Ready to race!
Had the day off tending to a sick child and wife so I have read basically every first drive review today. The media embargo was lifted today so there are numerous first drive reviews on the interwebs. General consensus is very positive especially with the handling. From what I read it has spiked my interest level quite a bit and it is on my short list of cars in the running next fall.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
I wasn't that terribly interested in the car since it's a sedan, but the more I read, the more I like it.

I also really like that they went with 17s instead of 18s, despite what you guys claim about the econobox rear proportions and the rear wheels looking small.

AWD, snickety-snick 6-speed gearbox, POWAHHH, and it's not obnoxious looking. Just wish it was a hatch, but I could probably get over that.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
^ awesome review. Subscribing to those guys. Really want to drive it now, too. Sounds like the engineers were given a long leash to get this car right.

butchered by autocorrecr

legandrex

Ready to race!
I had a 02 bugeye in silver back in 2001. Would be cool to get another one 13 years later. Looks pretty good in silver.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
For those on the forum who appreciate linked view-able videos here ya go.. :thumbsup:

oh fuck.. i didnt know it was THAT good.. on my list for 2015.

only thing that was strange is a 6 second 0-60 with the automatic? i thought the old wrx did 4.7 to 60. wonder what the manual can do..

Calvinball

Go Kart Champion
3 door hatch or 2 door coupe wrx and you got me sold.

Is that a 22B?

I wasn't that terribly interested in the car since it's a sedan, but the more I read, the more I like it.

I also really like that they went with 17s instead of 18s, despite what you guys claim about the econobox rear proportions and the rear wheels looking small.

I think people keep saying that because of the rear fender design. The beltline on the rear fenders is lower/nonexistent, whereas the fronts have the very flared and high look from the outgoing model.

For those on the forum who appreciate linked view-able videos here ya go.. :thumbsup:

^ awesome review. Subscribing to those guys. Really want to drive it now, too. Sounds like the engineers were given a long leash to get this car right.

Sounds like. That review though...I felt like I was watching propaganda. I'm sure it's a really capable car, but the guy is pretty much jizzing his pants and indirectly directly comparing it to a 911. Is it that good!? I'll believe that when I see it.

oh fuck.. i didnt know it was THAT good.. on my list for 2015.

only thing that was strange is a 6 second 0-60 with the automatic? i thought the old wrx did 4.7 to 60. wonder what the manual can do..

It all depends. That's the trap with the WRX, people see the crazy 0-60 times and think it's an amazeballs fast car. Well, you have to destroy the transmission to get those sub 5 second 0-60s, and a V6 accord was a legit threat from a roll with the 3rd gen rex stock. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely a performance car but the 0-60 numbers are misleading.

That 6 second was with the "launch control," which I'm sure launches the car in a manner that isn't going to totally fry your clutch or grenade a diff.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
......that exhaust sound. :(

Calvinball

Go Kart Champion
......that exhaust sound. :(

Have you heard any previous rex's with ELH in person?

They actually sound pretty good.

It's not the iconic sound, but a lot of Subaru guys (well, the ones I waste my time with I.E. not nastysock idiots) fully acknowledge that the rumble is the sound of inefficiency.