GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 Mustang GT vs 2016 Golf R Discussion Thread

Devilchrono

Ready to race!
I'd get the Mustang, mainly because the R doesn't do anything for me.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
^ best advice in this situation, esp for two VERY different cars.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'm asking which others would choose. Not how I should make a decision. I most likely won't be buying either.

oh... OK. So... essentially just trolling?? :laugh:

spessx

Ready to race!
oh... OK. So... essentially just trolling?? :laugh:

I'm honestly interested in what people would choose between these two cars. As for myself, I don't know what I'd do. I'd have to see and drive them both.

Our options for cool cars are getting better every year.

Enthusiast

I would Take the golf R due to The Interior, Handling, Suspension, MPG and I like turbo cars. If it's a DD why not grab the golf R and have the best of all worlds. AWD for winter and bad weather etc. Plus you still have the s2k to hoon around in. The mustang GT would make a great grand tourer but MPG and bad weather would suck. I'm from michigan BTW

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'm honestly interested in what people would choose between these two cars. As for myself, I don't know what I'd do. I'd have to see and drive them both.
Our options for cool cars are getting better every year.

I'm asking which others would choose. Not how I should make a decision. I most likely won't be buying either.

You are contradicting yourself? :confused:

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Golf-R. Toooooooo many Mustangs to begin with. I find nothing overtly special about Ford products.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I would Take the golf R due to The Interior, Handling, Suspension, MPG and I like turbo cars. If it's a DD why not grab the golf R and have the best of all worlds. AWD for winter and bad weather etc. Plus you still have the s2k to hoon around in. The mustang GT would make a great grand tourer but MPG and bad weather would suck. I'm from michigan BTW

Rustang easily outhandles a Golf R and they get almost the same mpg.

Who says there is even going to be a 2015 Golf R anyway?