GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 BMW M3 Throws Down 424whp 426wtq [Video]

trd420

Go Kart Champion

If there’s one thing you need to know about automotive dynamometers, it’s that no two are likely to ever return the same number. No matter how closely calibrated, if you run the same car on two separate dynos, you’re going to get different output figures. Still, the variations aren’t typically huge—which is why European Auto Source’s dyno pull with a 2015 BMW M3 is so impressive.

EAS strapped an M3 to its dyno and recorded an absurd 424 horsepower and 426 lb-ft of torque—at the wheels. BMW claims that the M3 produces 425 horsepower and 406 lb-ft at the crank. Accounting for the typical 15 percent driveline losses from friction, etc., this means the 2015 M3 is really putting down something in the neighborhood of 480 horsepower and 480 lb-ft of torque at the crank. Assuming the M3 used for this dyno pull is real, that’s awesome news for future owners of the M3 and its two-door sibling, the M4.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Oh dang. Sweet color on a sweet car with sweet power. Sign me up.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I thought motortrend did a dyno and it was 380/380 I am suspicious of these figures.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
It was listed as 91 as well... 50whp is a huge spread.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
we'd have to wait and see to make sure its not a ringer car...

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
An absolute pinnacle of automotive craftsmanship! Finally a metallic composited chariot of good taste and all around better than you appeal that emphatically pulls at my cardiac valve's string of enchantment.

I can't wait to park this car in MY reserved spot on the Google campus, talking loudly about BMW's humble beginnings as an airplane engine company to inferior new hirees (or the help, as I like to call them).

jk, i dont work at google :(