GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2014 1.8T Jetta - This Spark Anyone's Interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Ive had my eye on this one for a few but Im just not really into the previous gen GLI body style. This is overpriced too. 2009 for over 20K? They do that cuz the mileage is so low but it makes me wonder, how the hell does a 2009 have only 2k miles on it? what happened with this car? leather though, DSG, like the color but man... the new GLI is so much sharper looking.

http://www.mckennasurfcityvw.com/Ve...wagen-GLI-PZEV-Huntington_Beach-CA/2048176113

Last Gen was a much more expensive car... It probably sticker-ed for significantly more.

McQueen77

Banned
i wonder why. says right on the door 'made at VW center de meheeco'.... oh you just mean less cost cutting measures? the newer gen autobahn GLIs look nice

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Ive had my eye on this one for a few but Im just not really into the previous gen GLI body style. This is overpriced too. 2009 for over 20K? They do that cuz the mileage is so low but it makes me wonder, how the hell does a 2009 have only 2k miles on it? what happened with this car? leather though, DSG, like the color but man... the new GLI is so much sharper looking.

http://www.mckennasurfcityvw.com/Ve...wagen-GLI-PZEV-Huntington_Beach-CA/2048176113

Subjective things are subjective but I love the looks of MKV Jettas. I also own a Miata though :(

They were more expensive though because they were nicer cars, pre the dumbing and numbing down of the Jetta to Americanize it. I think it may be worth doing a little inquiring about why the miles are so low? Try to trade straight accross for the GTI if you need those four doors and the DSGay.

malarkey

New 1.8t SE

Picked up the new jetta last monday with the 5 speed 1.8t SE with connectivity and sunroof. Would have loved to have gone for a GTI but just couldn't confidently convince myself that I could comfortably afford it. I am going from an 2009 Accord 4cyl [which drove like trash from the day I bought it]. So far the Jetta is surprisingly fun. My commute is 10-15 min highway ride and about 10mins of traffic light infested town driving. I have been averaging 30-32 mpgs combined. I also got very lucky and when the dealer was trying to find my car they couldn't find the color I wanted and the 5speed so they upgraded me. I am paying for SE with connectivity and I got the sunroof and premium 8 for the lower model price. Not the best Pictures but all I have had time to quickly snap with my phone. FYI plan on apr tune lowering and exhaust after I put some miles on it. only have 200 on it as of now. http://www.flickr.com/photos/111257958@N08/11318037094/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/111257958@N08/11318002686/

McQueen77

Banned
I test drove the Jetta with the automatic a few weeks ago and was pretty underwhelmed. Glad you are liking it, the 5 speed is probably the best choice for that car.

malarkey

Thanks I am hoping that once Apr comes out with the stage 1 ecu it gives it a little more pep but with 2 bigger dogs needed the added space with the mpg. When I was looking at the car I had him find a 5 speed to test drive after he told me dsg only came with the gli.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Did they downsize the wheels or equip them with taller springs on the 14's? It looks a bit different than the earlier years from a wheel/suspension perspective.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I wonder if that car has those spring spacers...

malarkey

They are 16's maybe the new rear end. Not sure it more than needs to be lowered. Right now it looks like a little monster truck.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
They are 16's maybe the new rear end. Not sure it more than needs to be lowered. Right now it looks like a little monster truck.

Check to make sure the spring spacers aren't in the front from shipping.

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
I was given a '14 Jetta SE 1.8T as a loaner car. After having the displeasure of driving a few 2.5L Jettas, I'd have to say this is light years better. It's a much smoother engine with power available all the time (thanks to a tiny turbo) and I was able to manage an average of around 30mpg in mostly terrible traffic. As a commuter car, I'm impressed. Just don't get me started on the dashboard. :p

malarkey

I don't like the speedo and tach I have to say. It's bare and with out the top package your screen in the middle is limited. But the power is consistently there from 2-4700 rpms. The gearing in the 5 speed is a little high but that's vw.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I was given a '14 Jetta SE 1.8T as a loaner car. After having the displeasure of driving a few 2.5L Jettas, I'd have to say this is light years better. It's a much smoother engine with power available all the time (thanks to a tiny turbo) and I was able to manage an average of around 30mpg in mostly terrible traffic. As a commuter car, I'm impressed. Just don't get me started on the dashboard. :p

What was your issue with the 2.5? It is a fine engine.

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
What was your issue with the 2.5? It is a fine engine.

I get that it's a cost thing, but the nVH was pretty up there. Also didn't seem to have the best performance or MPG either. The power band was kind of strange to me. The 1.8t seems like a great successor as long as it doesn't fall apart. Also, from the 'tex days "the 1.8t nevAr loses!".

Status
Not open for further replies.