GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2014 1.8T Jetta - This Spark Anyone's Interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McQueen77

Banned
when i bought my CPO GTI with cloth seats I went and rented a rug doctor and steam cleaned the shit out of the seats. I do that once every 6 months or so. Always pretty gross what comes out. Ill prob get leather or leatherette or something next time, but I dig the plaid. It's GTI specific and I dig it. Dig it bro

fr4c

Ready to race!
when i bought my CPO GTI with cloth seats I went and rented a rug doctor and steam cleaned the shit out of the seats. I do that once every 6 months or so. Always pretty gross what comes out. Ill prob get leather or leatherette or something next time, but I dig the plaid. It's GTI specific and I dig it. Dig it bro
Do they have hand held attachments or something? All the carpet cleaners I've seen are full sized ones.

outshined

Go Kart Champion
I'm kind of a minimalist. Plaid is the enemy. Not a huge deal, though. As long as the price of the car is right seats can always be reupholstered.

McQueen77

Banned
Do they have hand held attachments or something? All the carpet cleaners I've seen are full sized ones.

Rug doctor brah.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I'm almost interested in this thing as a boring-mobile. $21k MSRP with bluetooth and crap, 3007 lbs 5-speed 36 mpg on regular gas and no twist beam suspension. Beats the hell out of a TDI I'd say.

Sure does, I would most likely chose the 1.8 over the TDI if I had to buy a car now and both were out. (and if my criteria hasn't changed)

But new TDI remains to be seen (hp/price/equipment wise), with the 1.8 showing huge fuel economy gains over the 2.5 at least on paper. It should certainly steal some customers away.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
$3k cheaper for 1.8T equipped the same as the TDI, supposedly 36 vs 42 mpg. Assuming regular and diesel cost the same $4 per gallon, you will recoup your $3k investment in the TDI after driving about 200k miles :lol:

The TDI was never the "cheaper" option :laugh: They added additional equipment in the TDI over the regular golf.
17" wheels vs 16
Fog lights
Leather MF steering wheel
stiffer suspension
touch screen RCD vs base model radio
etc etc

They will try and premium brand this current TDI as well, I am sure of it. So yea... at least you get some of it back at resale, since the TDIs hold their value better than any VAG product.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
The TDI was never the "cheaper" option :laugh: They added additional equipment in the TDI over the regular golf.
17" wheels vs 16
Fog lights
Leather MF steering wheel
stiffer suspension
touch screen RCD vs base model radio
etc etc

They will try and premium brand this current TDI as well, I am sure of it. So yea... at least you get some of it back at resale, since the TDIs hold their value better than any VAG product.

At least at a glance the 20k 1.8 jetta and 23k tdi appear to have the same equipment.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
At least at a glance the 20k 1.8 jetta and 23k tdi appear to have the same equipment.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Shiet you're right I was thinking golf MK7 to golf MK7

McQueen77

Banned
yeah, im definitely going to drive it but i dont know... fucking manual is the only option since id die with a slushbox everyday.. no DSG.. shitfacecocksucker

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
yeah, im definitely going to drive it but i dont know... fucking manual is the only option since id die with a slushbox everyday.. no DSG.. shitfacecocksucker

Why not get the GLI then? :laugh:

DSG
More HP than current GTI

McQueen77

Banned
Can't find them anywhere.. Things are rare. But yeah.. Worth looking into. I saw a black one in koreatown the other day and it looked really nice.

McQueen77

Banned
Ive had my eye on this one for a few but Im just not really into the previous gen GLI body style. This is overpriced too. 2009 for over 20K? They do that cuz the mileage is so low but it makes me wonder, how the hell does a 2009 have only 2k miles on it? what happened with this car? leather though, DSG, like the color but man... the new GLI is so much sharper looking.

http://www.mckennasurfcityvw.com/Ve...wagen-GLI-PZEV-Huntington_Beach-CA/2048176113

Status
Not open for further replies.