GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 Camaro SS

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Since my GTI is about penny stock status with regards to trade-in value right now, I toyed with the idea of a second sports car.

I test drove this today:

It was on loan for 24 hours, but I returned it in one. My reasoning? In my normal seated position, my head touches the dang roof.

Believe it or not, I liked the ride, steering, and handling. Oh, and that immediate torque from the V8 is something that I forgot that I missed since driving turbocharged 4 bangers for 4 years now.

Also, the horrific visibility isn't that horrible once adjusting the mirrors properly, but, I just can not live with a car where my head literally touches the roof. That was the one thing I hated about my wife's 2011 Genesis Coupe when she owned it. Then if I recline the seat back to where my head is a good distance away from the roof, that horrific visibility gets worse in the Camaro. Of course, that pretty much mirrored my complaints with the Genesis Coupe. Well, the GC also rode worse than the Camaro and even my GTI.

So the verdict, I need to look for something else in a second car if I decide to go that route.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Had a Camaro SS rental car. Awesome on the highway but visibility sucked. Back seat is a joke, my infant son barely fit in his car seat without the base. The trunk was useless, couldn't fit the stroller in the opening. Brought it back the next day. My head also brushed the roof.

2lazy4agoodname

Ready to race!
chevy ss or a g8. Best of both worlds. Gets you interior space, ls power all in the same weight class.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Gotta love big V8s. I just wish the Camaro weren't such a vanity play. I'd hate to be seen in one. +1 for the SS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
How did you like the visibility compared to GTI especially after you adjusted mirrors right? I gotta say, i'm spoiled with GTI's minivan like visibility, especially city driving. But I'm toying the idea of trading the GTI to new Camaro that will come out soon, I hear the visibility is better.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
How did you like the visibility compared to GTI especially after you adjusted mirrors right? I gotta say, i'm spoiled with GTI's minivan like visibility, especially city driving. But I'm toying the idea of trading the GTI to new Camaro that will come out soon, I hear the visibility is better.

The GTI wins on visibility and headroom. When I say the Camaro is not that bad, it is not that bad compared to something like a 370z. :p After all, it is a Pony/Muscle car, so I expect visibility compromises. In fact, when it comes to the Pony cars, I rank the visibility with the Challenger at the top, the Mustang second, and the Camaro dead last.

I just wish GM had made the Camaro a little more functional for a 5' 11" tall person like myself with back issues. I can't drive in the gangster lean position and need to be as close to upright as possible, otherwise I will feel pain. My head literally touching the roof with the seat bottom all the way to the floor is a major deal breaker! FFS, a BR-Z/FR-S has more head room!

I may see if I can fit in a Camaro SS without a sunroof, but, as of now, this just doesn't cut it as a second sporty vehicle with a V8. I'm still in Ford hate mode, so I won't even consider the new Mustang or a used one, no matter how good the deal may be. The sheer size of the Challenger is pushing the borderline of "sporty."

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
LMAO, the stealership with the used Camaro called me yesterday to talk me into looking at an Infiniti Q60 that they just took on trade. The sales associate told me that it rode better than the Camaro, was faster, and had more room.

My retort was that the seats suck, it has an inefficient V6, and it isn't a large enough improvement in the fun department compared to the GTI when it comes to a second vehicle. I passed over the G37 coupe/Q60 in October 2013 because I didn't care for what the car offered for the $$$ charged. Back then, I pretty much decided that I would rather have a 135i over a G37 or Q60.

While I may not know exactly what I want, I know what I DO NOT want!

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Salesman are good at pushing what they have and not listening to what you want.

stuck24

so?
Car(s)
GTI FSI
THE GTI still has the 2nd best resale value in its class.

Higher than a Mustang, Mini or Subaru coupe..

I think You just want something different.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
THE GTI still has the 2nd best resale value in its class.

Higher than a Mustang, Mini or Subaru coupe..

I think You just want something different.

The VW dealership offered me $16,500 on trade-in. The highest offer at a non-VW dealership was $15,000. Post TDI scandal, I had one dealership tell me they wouldn't even consider my GTI on trade. They literally did NOT want it, and they had no VWs on their lot!

Compared to my 2012 WRX, trade-in value on this GTI blows, big time! Also, you are correct, because I do want something different. I've had buyer's remorse since purchasing the GTI in October 2013. I still don't know what I should have gone with, but I do know what I should have stayed away from. Oh well, my search continues...

Petroleum cars were not affected or do not require a fix unlike the TDI. If a dealer says they couldn't pay more than such and such which is well under your KBB value, they are taking advantage of the situation and buying low to sell for a bigger profit margin. A non-VW dealer or dealer without VWs likely doesn't want them on their lot for several reasons. Upkeep, insurance, etc.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Gotta love big V8s. I just wish the Camaro weren't such a vanity play. I'd hate to be seen in one. +1 for the SS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

lol vanity play +2