Car(s)
07 VW GOLF R32

Attachments

• RIMG0469-1.jpg
    RIMG0469-1.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 366

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Damn Stefan, l was racking my brain for somewhere to go today. Mt. Buller would have been great. Ended up going to Ballarat for lunch. Woohoo!

Schnitzel Baby

Bright shirt, dull mind
Car(s)
Golf MK5 GTi
Good effort!

Looks like there were only two FWD cars. The other being a Mazda 3 Diesel that came 48th out of 75. Interesting....

Schnitzel Baby

Bright shirt, dull mind
Car(s)
Golf MK5 GTi
Damn Stefan, l was racking my brain for somewhere to go today. Mt. Buller would have been great. Ended up going to Ballarat for lunch. Woohoo!

Hey, I was in Ballarat today. Flew in from Canberra yesterday for a mates birthday but left today at 10.00am.

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Yes Mat, I encountered a group of Harley riders on the journey home. It's unfortunate to think that some pollies would like to invoke "anti association" laws against these people. They seemed to me to be totally decent members of the community. Mostly my age and older. Yeh, really old :biggrin: and they obeyed the road rules "to the letter".

There is no doubt a "criminal element" in existence within the bikie movement. It's just a pity that they're all seen as being "bad eggs" when they see fit to gather in a group.

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI
^ Well they are riding Harley's after all. :biggrin:

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
I heard the GIAC equipped car was too fast to be measured by the timing gear??? Oh, yeah, and, of course, the APR car was cheating.

TimT

Go Kart Champion
I heard the GIAC equipped car was too fast to be measured by the timing gear??? Oh, yeah, and, of course, the APR car was cheating.

That same car was originally kosi's GIAC powered car! Didnt Seb have a bit of a hand in prepping the car for the track? I think the biggest downfall was lack of sponsorship.
It would be great if VW would start participating in motorsport in Australia again at some point.

I was gonna make the trek up to mt buller as its a great event. I wasnt able to drag any of my friends out of bed at 5am sunday morning to get there.

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
That same car was originally kosi's GIAC powered car! Didnt Seb have a bit of a hand in prepping the car for the track? I think the biggest downfall was lack of sponsorship.
It would be great if VW would start participating in motorsport in Australia again at some point.

I knew there had to be a reason, haha. And, yeah, Seb had a hand in that car back in the day (see below).

Seriously, though, I agree completely with your post about VW Aus having a crack at motorsport. :thumbsup:

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Make sense for them to get involved... they do quite a bit OS, hell they run pre-production models in the Nurburgring 24hr so they should be confident enough.