GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2009 mk5 gti worth it?

iMonstrosity

I found a 2009 MKV GTI with 60k miles for 11k.

My question is is this a good deal and with the MKVII released is the MKV still a good buy or is it out dated?

Eric6014

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2 Door 2008 GTI DSG
DSG or manual? If it's in good condition and it's got all of its service records then it's not a bad deal. If it's in less than perfect condition I'd expect to pay a few hundred less but you wont find a 2009 with low miles like that for much less.

mkver19

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2006 GLI, VR6 Cabby
Lol no such thing as "outdated" in the VAG scene. Rep what you have, not much else to say about it, seems a bit high but hey gotta pay to play...

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
You might get close to 10k but that's a fair price for a clean car. It has the TSI which was put in cars through 2014. The 09 cars are famous for ABS faults, so hope it still has a warranty or you have a good mechanic.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
It doesn't happen often for me, but in spirited driving the ABS lights may come on. Brakes still work but ABS deactivates until you restart the car. The fix is another pump/module.

bmr4life

I am also looking for an MKV or MKVI around $10-12k with low miles. Any particular year better than the other? Just looking for a spirited DD to replace my Camry. Would have to be DSG.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Any mk6 would be the one to get at that price, maybe a late mkv if well looked after.

roswell630

Car(s)
GTI MKV
I bought mine last year with 90,000 for 11,500 in NC. 4dr dsg TSI leather Love it, runs great. You have a good deal there.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I've seen them for 9k, but that's a good deal.

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
I got mine 13k miles for 20k.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
got mine for 15.7K 66k.... but mine is an R32