GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit A/C Compressor Replacement Method

ksauce

Car(s)
2008 Volkswagen Rabb
Hi there,

I wanted to see if anyone had any info or methods to checking if an AC compressor on a 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit is faulty or not. My mechanic said I need a new one, but wanted to see if there was any DIY ways to check myself if I really have to replace it, or if there's another way I can troubleshoot the AC compressor myself.

If I do end up having to replace it, I would love to get any detailed steps on replacing the A/C compressor. I know it can be a bit complicated, so I wanted to get any good resources (detailed guides, links on YouTube) on the best ways to replace the AC compressor. I know it involves vacuuming the old compressor first, and then putting the right amount of oil in the new compressor and whatnot, so I wanted to get all the details possible on the best way to go about doing all of this. Thanks!

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
What is was the issue that you were have with the Ac?? Have access to a scan tool that can look at the Climatic mvac system in this car?

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion

Compressor from the bottom, if you place the lock carrier in service position you will get some more hand space but you can see it can be done without.