GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2008 MKV Suspension Refresh - What's your recipe

SM08GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey everyone,

My baby's up to 120k and starting to sound like a squeaky mattress going over bumps. :) Sad as I'm wanting to keep this car for another 100k and beyond.

The car will not a see a track, is Revo stage 1, and I enjoy twisties - rolling Michelin pilot super sports.

The stealer-ship found the following:

Tie rod ends have split ball joints = $699.58
Front sway bar links have split ball joints = $419.75

The prices are insane. And I'd like to do it right... so am turning to the forum for advice on a COMPLETE suspension refresh!

Can anyone, give me a break-down on ALL of the best parts to achieve, near OEM quality, height and handling and return this baby to like new? I would not mind the ride to be a bit more firm, and I value comfort and longevity as well as value.

Because of $$ I might have to do this progressively, so if you want to give a break-down of steps to repair, or first things to do - that would be appreciated.

Many, many thanks!

SM08GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks!

I spoke with ECS. Based on my diagnosis I mentioned receiving from the stealer-shop and my refresh wants (enhanced OEM feel more firm and keeping height)... they suggested these parts to save on money. Thanks again, looking forward to hearing everyone's opinion!

*Do you all agree with this or have any other suggestions to add?

I'll need to find a shop to do this, correct me if I'm wrong, but 4-6 hours of labor yeah?

Between these 2 Bilstein's which would you go with - are the B6's worth the extra $?

B4 OE Replacement Shocks & Struts - Set Of Four

www.ecstuning.com

B4 OE Replacement Shocks & Struts - Set Of Four

Restore your original ride and handling with an estimated 10% firmer valving
www.ecstuning.com
www.ecstuning.com

B6 Performance Shocks & Struts - Set Of Four

www.ecstuning.com

B6 Performance Shocks & Struts - Set Of Four

Performance shocks for OE springs
www.ecstuning.com
www.ecstuning.com

Front Suspension Refresh Kit - Stage 2

www.ecstuning.com

Front Suspension Refresh Kit - Stage 2

Featuring ECS upgraded strut mounts! Includes tie rods, strut mounts, ball joints and S3 Control Arm Mounts.
www.ecstuning.com
www.ecstuning.com

Rear Shock Installation Kit - With ECS HD Mounts and Install Hardware

www.ecstuning.com

Rear Shock Installation Kit - With ECS HD Mounts and Install Hardware

Everything you need to correctly install both rear shocks, including OE-length bump stops, boots and caps.
www.ecstuning.com
www.ecstuning.com

Briggs253

Just sharing my experience here, but I've run two different "sport" upper strut mounts and I hear them squeaking every time fall/winter comes around. I've never had experience with the ECS Tuning HD mounts though but they seem to have the same design premise as the ones I've tried.

If you are staying with OE (or OE equivalent) suspension, then I would skip the sport upper strut/shock mounts. Go for OE or equivalent.