GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2008 GTI service manual ???

muttskie

Dead on balls accurate.
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Does anyone know if a service manual is available for the 2008 GTI? I have only seen up to 2007 available from Bentley in CD form or as a web subscription for the 2008. I would prefer a paper manual if possible. Thanks from a newb.:iono:

IMG_0009_1.jpg

oettingerperformance

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI Mkv
I think some peeps posted where you could buy them on another post, just search the threads. Im sure Amazon.com has them... I think last I heard they are 99$

muttskie

Dead on balls accurate.
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Thanks for the tip. The only service information on a 2008 is by web subscription only at this point. While I don't imagine there are significant differences with a 2007 (which is available on CD), I'd prefer one that includes any 2008 changes. But, I'll continue to investigate.

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
Thanks for the tip. The only service information on a 2008 is by web subscription only at this point. While I don't imagine there are significant differences with a 2007 (which is available on CD), I'd prefer one that includes any 2008 changes. But, I'll continue to investigate.

The CD manuals include a one year subscription to updates (at least mine did). So after you install eBahn Reader and the Repair Manual data on your hard drive, you go online and update it, and the update picks up all the 2008 information. i.e. the old 06/07 CD becomes the 2006-2008 Repair manual.
About the only real advantage to a CD over paper manual :wink:

When I bought my Bentley CD from Ross-Tech, it had nothing about CCTA engines in it. After an online update, it does now.

I wish someone would buy the digital version, and just make it a sticky for everyone!!!!
While it would be nice to gain free access to the shop manual, anyone posting it will regret it. Such copyright violations would be vigorously pursued, you are stealing their livelihood.

Last edited:

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
Does anyone know if a service manual is available for the 2008 GTI? I have only seen up to 2007 available from Bentley in CD form or as a web subscription for the 2008. I would prefer a paper manual if possible. Thanks from a newb.:iono:View attachment 26666

btw I have not seen paper shop manuals from Bentley Publishers US for the Mk V GTI, I would be tempted to purchase one in addition to my DVD version if it were. May just have to invest in a double-sided printer instead :rolleyes:

Just go to the dealer and ask them to order one for you.
yes, and what the dealer will get for you is
Bentley Publishers said:
which you online update to include 2008 during installation.

The publisher has not burned / offered any newer DVD versions that I am aware of.
reference: http://www.bentleypublishers.com/volkswagen

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
Then what are they talking about?

The service manual that technicians at the dealership use to repair your car when you bring it in.

Someone may want this if there is a modification they need to do that involves taking apart and puting back toghether a part of the car.

ie. You need to take your clutch apart to put in a new heavy duty clutch, you would want to know the proper procedure for dissasembling and reassembling your transmition and the specific torque of each bolt. etc. etc.

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
Then what are they talking about?

The factory shop service manual. Bentley Publishers provides Volkswagen and Audi service documentation. The repair manual covers how to remove and repair / replace just about anything from interior trim panels, to engine, transmission, electrical schematics including all sound system variants, lookup Diagnostic Trouble Codes, etc. etc. Click on the link in the quote below for detail.

Bentley Publishers said:

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
The factory shop service manual. Bentley Publishers provides Volkswagen and Audi service documentation. The repair manual covers how to remove and repair / replace just about anything from interior trim panels, to engine, transmission, electrical schematics including all sound system variants, lookup Diagnostic Trouble Codes, etc. etc. Click on the link in the quote below for detail.

haha I tried