Car(s)
'08 GTi
GTI-2.jpg
GTI-3.jpg

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Smart choice, a K04 MKV that is sorted is a sweet ride and puts a smile on your face everytime you take it out. I have had my GTI for 12 years now. First car I kept longer than 3-4 years.

TSMILEY

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'08 GTi
Thank you. I apparently was having a momentary brain lapse. This car is just so much fun to drive! And I can relate, this is the first car I've kept longer than 4 years. I am seriously considering a AWD swap from a first gen A3 2.0T Quattro. Looks like a pretty straight forward job.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Unless you are mostly interested in drag racing (launch) I probably wouldn't do it. I thought about it but I track (road course my car) and with an LSD the car is transformed. Other than K04, single best mod you can do is an LSD.

TSMILEY

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'08 GTi
Hmmmmm, I had never really considered a LSD. I think your suggestion, along with some good sticky tires, that really should take care of my traction issues. Thank you!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Hmmmmm, I had never really considered a LSD. I think your suggestion, along with some good sticky tires, that really should take care of my traction issues. Thank you!

I went with an LSD and track tires (seperate set of wheels/tires) and the difference is HUGE on the track as you would expect. You have to recalibrate you head the first time out because the limits and capabilities are so much greater.