GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2008 FSI Vag com boost log..

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Not sure if something like this exists already, but anyway... a friend of mine let me borrow his vagcom cable and I did a 3rd gear boost log just for fun today.. after converting everything i showed 19.14psi at 3k rpm does that seem high for a stock FSI motor or is that about normal.

If anyone else wants feel free to post up your boost logs too. Vag com is kinda fun to fuck with lol!:thumbup:

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
No way that's stock tune, has to be stage 1 at the very least. Stock tune is around 12 psi depending on temp/air/ blah blah blah

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I got it from a dealer in portland so yea.. Interesting, I knew that there was no way in HELL a stock car pulled like this thing. I'm going to pull one more log, same setting and see what comes up just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Perhaps call APR or someone and check the VIN?

Can you guys tell me what 3 blocks to log on vagcom to get the most accurate readings?

As for the car, it was warmed up, it's about 58* today here. Just did a 2k-redline 3rd gear pull WOT.

thanks for your guys input!

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Just got a reply from APR, car has APR software, next time im in portland i'll have an APR dealer tell me exactly what stage I have. Fucking sweet deal!!:happyanim::happyanim:

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
That looks like S1 to me, S2 car will push about 21psi, take a look under your car, if the first part of the exaust is 3" and looks newer than the rest, you have Stage 2, i would say S1 though.

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
That looks like S1 to me, S2 car will push about 21psi, take a look under your car, if the first part of the exaust is 3" and looks newer than the rest, you have Stage 2, i would say S1 though.

This

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I'm going to do another log tomorrow and double check all of my values were correct when I did my mbar to psi conversions.

My dad just got the lift up at his house so next time im out there I'm going to throw it on the lift and check and see if I have a bigger DP. I neglected to look when I did my DV spacer (yea yea i know lol, i love the sound though) I want to say I didn't remember seeing a cat in the DP however, i'll double check!

Thank you guys!

LateAPXR

Ready to race!
Yep, that's probably Stage 1 by the looks of it. I'm running S1 and, depending on gear, I can see spikes up to around 20psi after which it holds around 15psi.

Did you find out the other details of the tune from APR? How many programs installed plus any options? If it has one, did you find out the security lockout code?

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
They couldn't tell me exactly what specs the tune was since they could only do a vin check to see if it had a tune. I have to go up to a dealer in portland and have them check it for the specifics. I'm going to get the warranty transferred to my name when I can swing the $149.

Will check if I have a DP this weekend and do another couple of logs to verify I had correct values.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I spiked to nearly 19.14psi as you can see, and it's confirmed I have APR software, just not sure of the stage, however my log from today showed 20.155PSI @ 3400RPM settling to about 15.5psi from 4400-4920RPM. IAT read 14*C at 3400RPM. I'm going to go and see if there is a larger DP shoved down there. Anyway here is my graph from today's log. What do you all think? is S2 a possibility? It's the same ambient temp. out today as yesterday so all the specs of each log are nearly identical. 3rd gear WOT, 2k-redline pull.

I also built more boost at 3120RPM than the peak of my last pull.. I'm almost leaning towards stage2 tune.. opinions?

*edit* It also looks like I kept a higher boost pressure all the way towards redline than my last pull... weird..

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Just checked, from what I can see im 99.99% sure I have a larger DP. It's not OEM colored, DEFINITELY not OEM sized, and there is a Flex tube section on it where a cat should be! So I'm going to say stage2 is a very high possibility at this point..

LateAPXR

Ready to race!
Ooohhh….so I guess if you get fuel cuts you'll know you're not Stage2+?

I'm not sure if there is a way at all to tell if the previous owner rebuilt the HPFP just by looking at it.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I dont get fuel cuts, I was getting misfires under boost at high RPM, I replaced coils and plugs and it doesn't happen anymore. I dont believe I have enough power to warrant 2+, I've driven some fast shit before. I know for a fact I'll either keep up with or beat my moms 2011 v6 camaro so in terms of that car vs my gti I think stage 2 is plausible.

270hp/323tq = aprox: 221WHP/265WHTQ. +/-

by those numbers and by how I feel the car, I think stage 2 is probably what I'm at given the downpipe and high boost pressure.

As for the HPFP, I'm sure that opening it up and looking for a bigger spring and comparing it to photos of others upgraded pumps I could figure out if It was rebuilt.. sure would be a nice boat of surprises to find lol! stage2, DP, no resonator, and if I had a HPFP upgrade I'd just be shit twisted happy haha! :thumbsup:

Maybe i'll pop the bumper off and look to see if I have an upgraded IC as well...

That being said, is there any logs I can pull to match to an upgraded HPFP's numbers??