GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2007 TFSI Idling Roughly, and Revving On Its Own

Hamad990

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 Golf GTi
Hello,
As mentioned in the title I've been having some idling issues with my BPY GTI. So, I haven't driven the car in a while, and the last time I drove it was in warmer weather 20º+ C. Everything sounded fine, and nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. I get in the car yesterday when the temp was 5ºC, and I start the car, and the engine immediately begins to idle roughly, RPM's slowly drop, until it reaches around 500ish rpm, and the car just stalls. I wasn't too concerned about it since the car was doing the same thing last winter/spring when I first got the car, and I was able to resolve it by either using the engine block heater, or just by immediately putting the car into drive and driving off, which would usually warm it up to the point where it wouldn't stall.

So the car stalls on me and since I was kind of in a hurry, I just put it into drive, and drive off. However, this time the car would always stall every time I stopped, except when the engine oil has reached 90º. Even after the car reached the optimal temperature, the car continued to behave oddly. The car would rev really weirdly, it almost sounds as if I had installed a ghost cam in the car. And then the car would sometimes rev all by itself all the way to around 1.5-2k rpm. And when its actually idling smoothly, the idle speed is around 100-200 rpm higher than usual.

The only codes coming up are, P2279, P1093, P0507, as well as a misfire code for each cylinder, and code P0300 which is a multiple misfire code.

Anyone know about this, or know what's causing this? The only work that I've done on the car recently was to take the off the valve cover to see what was causing an oil leak, and that was it. I also replaced the PCV, N80, and Diverter valve about a month or two ago if that helps

Thanks

Hamad990

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 Golf GTi
vwengineer Yeah it did turn out to be the pcv. I replaced it with a genuine VW one, but the diaphragm on the new one must've torn apart, cause I can easily breath through it, which I was told by roh echt, is something I shouldn't be able to do. So for the meantime, I put the old one back on, while I get the new one warrantied