GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2007 over rev past 500 rpms

@Rabbit.2.5

So today I over rev the motor past 6k pasting about 500rpm so 6500k it hit but I was looking at apr and there tune were rating at 6500k rev limter so cloud I been lucky and no damage happened?

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
You should be fine, no unusual noises running the same as before? If you over rev you might get a code P1560 Maximum Engine Speed Exceeded (Engine Warranty VOID! ☺ )

@Rabbit.2.5

You should be fine, no unusual noises running the same as before? If you over rev you might get a code P1560 Maximum Engine Speed Exceeded (Engine Warranty VOID! ☺ )
No cel nor any werid oises so I'm lucky... I was looking into a tune anyways but now I'm kinda scared to do it but agian apr raise the limter anyways so now i don't know

vwengineer

Ready to race!
The stock rev limiter is at 7000 RPM so I think you are totally fine. I am not sure a tune would be more conservative... are you sure your tune doesn't just produce it's max power at 6500 RPM?

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Limiter RPM is different based on engine design & ECU, what is the engine code of this '07 Rabbit, BGP or BGQ?

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
OK I pulled out the info from 2007–2008 Volkswagen Golf/GTI A5G Platform Quick Reference Specification Book

BGP/BGQ Engine speed (RPM) limitation RPM Approximately 5800

CBTA/CBUA Engine speed (RPM) limitation RPM Approximately 6300

BPY Engine speed (RPM) limitation RPM Approximately 6800

CCTA/CBFA Engine speed (RPM) limitation RPM Approximately 6500