• charge pipe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HPFP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

martinonick

Car(s)
2007 Volkswagen GTI
Hey guys, I recently just purchased a 2007 mk5 gti with 139,000km on it. It runs very smooth, no lights on the dash. Its just when I get to really high speeds on the highway I notice some things. I also notice them while trying to accelerate and not pushing the pedal enough.

I am wondering why my boost gauge is fluttering/surging and I can hear it while driving on hwy at high speeds (140km/h+)

Im running a plug and play boost dynamic tuning stage 2 tune, performance exhaust, neuspeed air intake, forge diverter valve, downpipe, lowered on H&R springs. Do you think it could be the actual tune/ plug and play ECU I installed or could it be something else?

I have put a list together of what I think it could be. I am not 100% sure on anything as I dont know much about cars but after reading through many forums and threads I feel like it would have to be one of these issues. I can take a video of it happening if needed.

n75 valve
waste gate regulator
coil packs and spark plugs
diverter valve
erg valve
pcv fix
boost leak
check couplings on boost pipes see if they are rubber or silicone (silicone is better)
hpfp
boost controller

Thanks guys,

Nick

martinonick

Car(s)
2007 Volkswagen GTI
Hey guys, I recently just purchased a 2007 mk5 gti with 139,000km on it. It runs very smooth, no lights on the dash. Its just when I get to really high speeds on the highway I notice some things. I also notice them while trying to accelerate and not pushing the pedal enough.

I am wondering why my boost gauge is fluttering/surging and I can hear it while driving on hwy at high speeds (140km/h+)

Im running a plug and play boost dynamic tuning stage 2 tune, performance exhaust, neuspeed air intake, forge diverter valve, downpipe, lowered on H&R springs. Do you think it could be the actual tune/ plug and play ECU I installed or could it be something else?

I have put a list together of what I think it could be. I am not 100% sure on anything as I dont know much about cars but after reading through many forums and threads I feel like it would have to be one of these issues. I can take a video of it happening if needed.

n75 valve
waste gate regulator
coil packs and spark plugs
diverter valve
erg valve
pcv fix
boost leak
check couplings on boost pipes see if they are rubber or silicone (silicone is better)
hpfp
boost controller

Thanks guys,

Nick
Also forgot to mention I just went stage 2 this past week and I didnt notice the fluttering before I put the tune in. I also just got an oil change so my oil is fine and all other fluids seem to be good.

Chumeta

Passed Driver's Ed
for me it is the wastegate, you need to shorten (give more tension) to the rod. I think what happens to you is that it opens because it cannot hold the pressure, that is, the sustained pressure opens the gate for you. Tensioning or shortening a couple of turns or three will hold the pressure better. Test it. Another solution is to change the oem wastegate for a forge.

martinonick

Car(s)
2007 Volkswagen GTI
for me it is the wastegate, you need to shorten (give more tension) to the rod. I think what happens to you is that it opens because it cannot hold the pressure, that is, the sustained pressure opens the gate for you. Tensioning or shortening a couple of turns or three will hold the pressure better. Test it. Another solution is to change the oem wastegate for a forge.
I have a video of what it sounds like and what my boost gauge is doing. I can send it to you if you wanna see. Just let me know.