GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2007 GTI won’t rev over 3k *Fixed*

BbbyBld

Car(s)
2007 GTI
I’m going to try logging fuel pressure and lambda when I have time. I guess doing it in neutral is okay because the rev limit happens then as well as driving. If I hold the accelerator, it almost acts like I have a 2-step.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I am talking about where it shows the Black DLC is worn off in the small semi-circle area.
worn.png

Most wear through the Black DLC in the center. This I would consider abnormal wear for 500 miles. The Black DLC doesn't even wear off on mine until in nears 10k miles...and my rail pressure's max target is 140 bar.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I’m going to try logging fuel pressure and lambda when I have time. I guess doing it in neutral is okay because the rev limit happens then as well as driving. If I hold the accelerator, it almost acts like I have a 2-step.
Mine is DSG and I can only rev it to redline in 'P'. In 'N' it is limited.
Also, you will not see a true data result with no load.
You can do the 'General test' as described for VCDS. The VCDS test can show to be OK, but it doesn't mean there isn't a problem when under load.

Last edited:

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Yea, like I posted strange pattern especially that ring around the face that corresponds to the internal structure of the CF, almost looks like its riding on that ring and has a hot spot where the coating has worn off and the center is not touched, and this happened with only 500 mile on this CF, what did the old one look like??

BbbyBld

Car(s)
2007 GTI
Yea, like I posted strange pattern especially that ring around the face that corresponds to the internal structure of the CF, almost looks like its riding on that ring and has a hot spot where the coating has worn off and the center is not touched, and this happened with only 500 mile on this CF, what did the old one look like??

I didn’t see the old one.

BbbyBld

Car(s)
2007 GTI
Since I don’t know where the part came from, I’m tempted to just order a new one. I don’t have enough experience to know what it should look like. I may order a fuel filter too while I’m at it. This car has 106k miles, so it’s probably time anyway.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
If you don't know when it was changed its not a bad idea to do it, just make sure its the 6.6bar filter & for the CF a INA brand or VW, they are the same.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Since I don’t know where the part came from, I’m tempted to just order a new one. I don’t have enough experience to know what it should look like. I may order a fuel filter too while I’m at it. This car has 106k miles, so it’s probably time anyway.
Just know that a new CF is not likely to fix its problem. Fuel filter maybe. If not, eventually we will find the problem. Could be the LPFP in the tank...or the "low pressure/Thrust" sensor on the HPFP. But you need the pressure checked.

You can look at one of my CF's in my vid...at 3:55. This one had 10k miles on it. You can see the DLC is worn in a circle in the center. I try replacing the CF when the DLC has just begun to wear off. Lately at 10k miles, the black DLC only appears faded to looking thin...but not completely worn away so to see the alloy.

I am still thinking it is the fuel supply....something in the low side of the delivery system.
From Post #2:
One other contributor to the P1093 code may be the low pressure system. Could be in need of a new fuel filter or LPFP in the tank, and even the low pressure sensor mounted on the HPFP. Again, seeing the low pressure data will show if it provides proper pressure.

BbbyBld

Car(s)
2007 GTI
I went out to do some data logging. The first time I tried to do a pull, the engine rev limited and got a check engine light. After that, it would pull up to near redline no problem, but felt kind of weak-almost like there was no boost. After I drove back to the house, it would rev up near 6k no problem. After checking the codes:

P0321 engine speed sensor- implausible signal.

P1388 DBW throttle monitoring malfunction

both occurred at 4400rpm.

I cleared those codes, and then the VCDS quit reading accurately. I was getting bogus data. I turned the car off and back on again, restarted VCDS, and then my rev limit issue was back. I went out for a drive and took a log, but it’s raw data only. I haven’t had a chance to look at it yet in detail, but after a quick glance, nothing looks unusual. Rail pressure is tracking and low side is staying around 5 bar the whole time.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
The scan tool you are using is an RT Vcds and not a Panda Disc Special;)

I take it the log is in a .CSV may want to drop it off at https://log.tunezilla.com/ and post the link to it back here so all the eyeballs can take a look at it.

BbbyBld

Car(s)
2007 GTI
After looking at the data, it seems like the fuel pressure regulator and boost pressure are all over the place.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
There's this new Speed sensor code suggesting its G28 or G40 may be failing. But there's also the other which suggests the DBW throttle position sensor in the throttle pedal assembly. My accelerator pedal assembly failed before but it was so long ago, I cannot remember the code it had. Every time I floored it it went into limp at a certain rpm. I do not suggest clearing your codes right now...you may need them if a tech needs to sort this for you in the near future.

BbbyBld

Car(s)
2007 GTI
A little more background on the car...I got it super cheap several months ago knowing there were issues with it. I drove it about 2 miles the day I got it and then it sat parked for 4 months because I knew it had bad CV axlesIt seemed pretty quick that first day though.

One of the issues was the rear hatch wouldn’t open. After 2 weeks of troubleshooting and research, I got the VCDS to help with that issue. I knew the harness, latch, switches, and convenience module were all okay. I think problem is with the central locking module. I was getting lots of access denied messages when trying to do stuff involving the rear hatch with VCDS. I used VCDS to enable a “rear hatch temporary security override”. That made the rear hatch handle start working. I am thinking about turning that off. Maybe it’s messing with the CAN bus or has put the car into some kind of limp mode.

I didn’t notice this new issue until I replaced the CV axles last weekend and went out for a test drive.

Anyway, it’s something easy to try.