GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2006 MkV power steering adjustment

BeveStrown

RIP Chewie, Bye GTHigh
Got my Christmas present today - a VCDS!

I've had my buddy do the basic stuff (everything here) and for my first use of my new cable I want to venture into messing with the power steering.

Allegedly, on 2006 MkVs only you can change how much power assist in the steering there is. I couldn't find out much more on a search. Anyone have any experience with this? Tips, tricks or suggestions for me?

BoardSnow6

Banned
Car(s)
Capita Scaremaster
Interesting. I have an 07 and this is the first I've heard of this. In for info.

BoardSnow6

Banned
Car(s)
Capita Scaremaster
Apparently on GTIs its a min to max 0-5 scale with stock as the 5.

Found a thread where a member with a 2007 GTI retrofitted the 2006 steering module (hat tip to JetTurbo)

I am going to set it to 2 or 3 this weekend. Will update on how it changes the weight and feel

Sweet! Im definitely interested in this.

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
I never really noticed a difference in any of the settings, but it could have had something to do with the craptastic OEM Contis that I was on when I played with the settings. Absolutely no feeling in those tires whatsoever.

Timvgti

Ready to race!
Guys,

I've looked with vcds in module 44 today (VAG-COM > SELECT > 44 - Steering Assist (Drivetrain) > Adaptation - 10 > Channel 001)

I have a '05 VW Golf mk5 GTI (Europe version, axx, dsg, etc.)
Controller 1K1 909 144H, component EPS-ZFLS Kl 1.2 1502.

Hoped to see a value between '0' and '5' but is was value '12'.
How comes my values are different and how to change it?

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Guys?
No one with values higher than '6' (like I have '12') on a stock EU mk5 GTI?

Yours doesnt match what mine looks like

OP, I played around with this for about an hour today. To tell you the truth, I couldnt really tell a difference between the settings :iono: at highways speeds you kinda could tell when you had it too high, the car felt kinda loose but other than that, nothing. I went back to the stock "5"

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Haha its been so long, you know how you just get used to your desktop background after a while? As for the adjustment, I found it pretty disappointing too.