GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2000ish Firebird

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I really don't know much about these cars... I looked stuff up online, and from what I can tell it was the 3.8 V6 200hp, 225tq version. It sounded mean, but not V8 mean... had 4 pipes out the rear. It seems it weighs about 200 lbs more than us, but is rear wheel drive, with some extra torque on us. I pulled up to the light and just knew he wanted to go. We went twice.

Unfortunately for me, both times DSG decided to delay... I dont know if this happens to any other DSG owners, but occasionally from a dig when I let go of the brake and mash the gas there's a noticeable delay before power kicks on and I take off. Both times I took off with him already a car on me... but the fun thing is that when I took off I held him, and on each upshift gained a bit, so I was creeping up. He would let off shortly after, never giving me enough room to catch up fully or pass.

Gain was very small, but was there. I'm confident I would have passed slowly given more room. I don't know if he was letting off because he saw that, or because it wasn't an ideal place to race at all... also possible, as I wasn't fully comfortable doing it there to begin with.

The verdict is... while I lost both races due to my asstacular launching, I can safely say that (at least, against this driver, and his shifts seemed good to me) I was creeping.

Frodo

Ready to race!
are u kidding me...u suk man..i smoked one of those in my dads 2000 v8 tundra...and i was fuking with her too letting off the gas and flooring it...something is wrong with your car..in this v8 tundra i took a turbo 240sx till he hit 3rd..v8 tundra just flowmaster...also beat a supercharged solara

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Please say "V8 Tundra" a few more times in your post, I'm not sure I understood what car your dad owns. While you're at it, learn how to type, re-read your posts, and quit being a tool.

It's kinda hard to "suk" when DSG is doing all the hard work.

What part of my post didn't you understand, or read? A) FWD vs. RWD from a dig, B) same HP, less TQ, C) Trans Am letting off early, therefore no long range runs to truly see what I could do, D) me getting a late start.

A 200hp/207tq, 3200 lb FWD car, VS. a 200hp/225tq 3400 lb RWD car, from a dig with early let off, and you think I'd ZOMG ZOMG BLOW HIS DOORS OFF WHERE IZ HE LOLO1 I CUNT C HIMZ ANIMOAR ?

Maybe your story is flawed, or maybe you just rox moar thenn me keke.

kmf82

Go Kart Champion
:laugh: Frodo, what kind of car does your dad have? I didn't catch it the 4th time.

Vod

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GTI MKV
I was riding behind Stasis when we came up on this Firebird. I usually let him handle the races from a dig because I spend more time burning rubber then going forward (Revo Stg 1). Anyways, I think Stasis could have beaten him. The guy in the Firebird never gave us a shot at a good run. He would always punch it before we lined up and then cut the gas when he reached 60 km/h. We tried to get him to go on the highway but he didn't bite. Ah well.. next time maybe.

P.S. Hey Frodo, shouldn't you be sucking Sam off?

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
He was letting off higher than 60 km/h with me, probably around 90 I'd say. I never checked, but I was getting a couple shifts in... 60 seems low, haha.

But yeah, letting off too early for the runs to be very fun. Still long enough for me to tell that as soon as I jumped in I was gaining.

Lewie94Passat

Audi guy in the MKV F0RUM
Car(s)
2006 Audi A3
If you raced against a trans am then your talking about the 325 horse ones. I test drove a V6 firebird for my mother and it's a pig. I could see your story being exact if we were talking about a V8 trans am versus your car but not the V6. Esp since they came in auto.

According to the 0-60 website, which as we all know can vary alot, shows the manual WS6 pulling a 5.3 0-60 and 13.9 quarter. If you were racing an auto expect these times to be worse. The 3.8 is at 7.1 and 15.5.

All i'm saying is it was most likely a V8 rather than a V6 so better kill than you thought.:thumbsup:

Jack stephen

Banned
Car(s)
A rabbit
One day I will own a trans am, and i will be a happy old man.

danger dan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
gti
are u kidding me...u suk man..i smoked one of those in my dads 2000 v8 tundra...and i was fuking with her too letting off the gas and flooring it...something is wrong with your car..in this v8 tundra i took a turbo 240sx till he hit 3rd..v8 tundra just flowmaster...also beat a supercharged solara