GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2 years since Sandy Hook school shooting

kharma

Ready to race!
The NRA is against smart gun technology that only allows authorized owners to fire guns. Why do you think that is?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/08/03/proponents-smart-guns-nra-obstacle/13551659/

It is a mistake, he says, to rely on electronics and batteries to determine if a gun will fire in a crisis.

"What happens if we put computer chips in all these guns and Obama pushes a button and all these guns go down?" he asks.
I agreed with his first sentence... and then I read the second.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2013 CW Wolfsburg
As stated a few times, people are going to harm eachother no matter what and the reality is, we cant prevent that.

Guns need to be kept away from criminals and those with mental disorders who either dont kno right from wrong or who "snap" from the pressure's of life... The problem is that under the right chain of events, any law abiding citizen can turn into a criminal and/or develop a mental disorder

Minority report anyone?

jwal

Ready to race!
Who's coming for your guns? The boogeyman?

All the genius politicians who think passing a law is going to prevent a criminal from using one in a crime. Last time I checked, criminals don't seem to care what the laws are. Instead these laws restrict the people who abide by them and while their freedoms gradually get resolved.

I would not depend on a battery to save my life. It is one thing for your car battery to drain and leave you stranded. It is another for your gun to not shoot because of a software glitch or battery failure.

kharma

Ready to race!
^Exactly this. I keep an "old tech" revolver bedside in a manual combo safe (MA and a toddler, I have no other choice). Electronics fail, and semi autos jam. God forbid I ever need it and it doesn't go bang, I simply have to squeeze again. Not fumble with a mag, change batteries, put in a service call LOL.

kharma

Ready to race!
And while it may piss off some 2a nuts, I've got no problem with fair "shall issue" licensing and proper storage requirements. If someone can't handle a little proper training and purchasing a safe, maybe they haven't fully thought out the responsibility that comes with firearm ownership.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
All the genius politicians who think passing a law is going to prevent a criminal from using one in a crime. Last time I checked, criminals don't seem to care what the laws are. Instead these laws restrict the people who abide by them and while their freedoms gradually get resolved.

I would not depend on a battery to save my life. It is one thing for your car battery to drain and leave you stranded. It is another for your gun to not shoot because of a software glitch or battery failure.

You said the government is coming for your guns. Prove it. Passing a law to reduce the amount of crazy people getting guns isn't the the government coming for your guns. Unless you are crazy, which is entirely possible.

The military relies on electronics everyday. Ever been in a plane? This isn't 1837

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
And while it may piss off some 2a nuts, I've got no problem with fair "shall issue" licensing and proper storage requirements. If someone can't handle a little proper training and purchasing a safe, maybe they haven't fully thought out the responsibility that comes with firearm ownership.

I don't think licensing is something that has to be done necessarily but reasonable people can disagree.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
How many cities have already implemented programs for turning in your guns? For cash or otherwise. Magazine restrictions. Automatic restrictions. Permits to even have it or carry it. Our country is nearly 20 trillion dollars in debt, with crooked laws passed all the time. Just because we have certain freedoms now doesn't mean they will be there tomorrow. They don't want a well armed public that can stand up to the control.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Banning guns is simply putting a blame on the easiest target to make the masses feel safer when in fact the true underlying problem is being left un-addressed which would more than likely leave it re-surfacing in no time.

What part of shall not be infringed do people not understand?

The government IS coming for our guns, if not immediatly, they are gradually doing it here in Kalifornia. First they limit our rounds to 10, then they put a bullet button on any rifle that "looks evil", whats next? It's a slow progress for them but soon enough all we are going to have left in our hands is a stick and hammer to set off a piece of ammunition.

Not to mention we have a handgun roster here. We're unable to purchase even 3/4 of handguns out there, in 2015 most of these are set to expire... Smith and Wesson for one said they will not renew in protest.

Last edited:

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
How many cities have already implemented programs for turning in your guns? For cash or otherwise. Magazine restrictions. Automatic restrictions. Permits to even have it or carry it. Our country is nearly 20 trillion dollars in debt, with crooked laws passed all the time. Just because we have certain freedoms now doesn't mean they will be there tomorrow. They don't want a well armed public that can stand up to the control.

You do understand that's voluntary, correct?

jwal

Ready to race!
You said the government is coming for your guns. Prove it. Passing a law to reduce the amount of crazy people getting guns isn't the the government coming for your guns. Unless you are crazy, which is entirely possible.

The military relies on electronics everyday. Ever been in a plane? This isn't 1837

I don't want my name on a list saying what I own and what I don't own. This is not yours or the governments information to know. This can lead to information breaches that allow individuals to target myself. This happened recently when people had their carry permit information released which included their addresses for public use. I am not sure you realize this, but other governments in the past have used information contained in registries to confiscate items from people. See Germany in the 1940s for an example. I am not saying that this will happen blah blah blah put on your tin foil hat. But it can and it has in the past. If it has happened in other countries, why can't it happen in the United States? In comparison to other nations, The United States is fairly young as a nation and has many changes to come in the future. You're supposed to look in to the past and learn from it, not repeat it. I am not trying to repeat any other nations past failures.

I am not talking about an airplane. I am talking about a tool that can be used to save a life. That would be the 1900s though not 1837...