GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5T owners thread (please sticky)

anile_eight

Go Kart Champion
That is good to hear... I don't plan on taking it much past the 280 mark where the kit pretty much comes to top out at. Do you still have the SMIC? any way to put a front mount in or is it even worth it?

4000 miles on spec stg II... well I was looking into southbend stg 2 and apparently they seem to work better and are okay with higher power applications especially on other GTI with 270++.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
yeah, I'm still running the SMIC, most people have seen power loss with an FMIC on that kit not to mention its a pain to fit one behind the rabbit bumper

Chaseme

springs are the new bags
Car(s)
Black Rabbit
Off the topic a bit...but are there supercharger kits available for the 2.5?

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
Nothing Leaves Stock claims to have an idea figured out on paper, I'd be curious to see how they handle it. Not sure if you noticed but the accessory belt on the 2.5 is super weird in the sense that the crank pulley runs to the AC and the rest of it runs off a belt off of that. That alone presents a real challenge. All in all I don't think a supercharger is a good match for the 2.5. The 2.5 has the perfect low end for launching when off boost and then the turbo picks up where the engine actually needs help thus providing the perfect torque curve I'd imagine somebody interested in a supercharger would be looking for