GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1st post. Hello. Just got my Mk7

SteveX5

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all. Just joined the forums. Just purchased a 2015 GTi S 4dr PP LP. Pretty psyched. Picking it up on Saturday. I'm sorry for the crappy pic. A better one a few posts down.

A little about me, BMW and VW guy. Had a few GTis as daily drivers, currently a 2011 Carbon Gray which I traded in. Also have had a few BMWs, E90 3 series mostly including a 335i w/fbo which rocked. Currently I have a 2012 Stage 2 X5 50i MSport with about 460 whp. Pretty active on the Bimmer forums since 2005.

Also had a few Volvos, Vettes and a bunch of very average vehicles which are irrelevant.

Been reading golfmk7 for a few weeks. Got the $500 SCCA deduct in my Mk7 deal from info I read here so I hope to be able to help out others.

BTW, if you're in MD and need a good deal, go see Rachael at Valley Motors in Hunt Valley. Awesome buying experience.

Peace!

Last edited:

petroglyphix

Ready to race!
Hey Steve. I'm looking to purchase my own white gti very shortly, can you expound upon the SCCA deduction for me? Or maybe shoot me a link? Thanks.

Great choice on the car man I like it

SteveX5

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Steve. I'm looking to purchase my own white gti very shortly, can you expound upon the SCCA deduction for me? Or maybe shoot me a link? Thanks.

Great choice on the car man I like it

Join the SCCA. It's $50 plus a local fee. In MD mine was $85.

You are then guaranteed $500 under invoice on any VW except for the R. The dealer gets the $500 back so they won't baulk at it. In my case, I did my under invoice deal and then they took $500 off that.

You will get a membership number by email. They didn't ask for it though.. The certificate is available on the VW web site under 'Corporate' and then 'Preferred Partner Program'. There is a code you need to enter - I can't remember it off the top of my head - Google for it.

Good luck.

Silus

Ready to race!
Hi all. Just joined the forums. Just purchased a 2015 GTi S 4dr PP LP. Pretty psyched. Picking it up on Saturday. I'm sorry for the crappy pic. I'll post more in a couple of days.

A little about me, BMW and VW guy. Had a few GTis as daily drivers, currently a 2011 Carbon Gray which I traded in. Also have had a few BMWs, E90 3 series mostly including a 335i w/fbo which rocked. Currently I have a 2012 Stage 2 X5 50i MSport with about 460 whp. Pretty active on the Bimmer forums since 2005.

Also had a few Volvos, Vettes and a bunch of very average vehicles which are irrelevant.

Been reading golfmk7 for a few weeks. Got the $500 SCCA deduct in my Mk7 deal from info I read here so I hope to be able to help out others.

BTW, if you're in MD and need a good deal, go see Rachael at Valley Motors in Hunt Valley. Awesome buying experience.

Peace!
How does the GTI compare to your experiences with the other cars you have owned?? Where do you think it stacks up in the different categories? Thanks.

Nyanga

Ready to race!
Congrats & welcome.

SteveX5

Passed Driver's Ed
How does the GTI compare to your experiences with the other cars you have owned?? Where do you think it stacks up in the different categories? Thanks.

I haven't really driven the Mk7 yet so I'll reserve judgement. The Mk6 I had was a great daily driver for me. I didn't tune it, by the time the warranty ran out, I was already eying its replacement which is this one.

So I'll answer that in a week or two.

BTW, the VW code for the SCCA certificate is 1142SC.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Another nice vehicle, standing that white stuff that also fell from the sky in these parts recently ;). Fine pic, the ones I post always come out monochrome for some reason....

Last edited: