GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18z Caliper Fitment (Will they clear my wheels?)

Sebas_theFish

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk5 R32
What're my chances of fitting some 18z calipers behind my new wheels as they are? Wheel specs are 18x8.5+45.

The closest point of the stock caliper to the spoke is 5mm and clearance around the rest of the caliper seems fine.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 309
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 263
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 262
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 297
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 398

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
When choosing wheels for my 18z setup I used the following measurement to determine if they would fit. I am running Neuspeed 18x8 and they fit perfectly without spacers.

From the drawing below you can take a piece of cardboard and make a template of those dimensions. Remove your wheel and see if it fits.

From the photos you can't tell if they will fit. Best to use actual measurements, now you have them.

Sebas_theFish

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk5 R32
Been in contact with 3SDM and sent them the ECS template for their brake kit with the 18z calipers and they say it will not fit. They reckon I'll need about a 20mm spacer. Guess the 18z are a no go then.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Been in contact with 3SDM and sent them the ECS template for their brake kit with the 18z calipers and they say it will not fit. They reckon I'll need about a 20mm spacer. Guess the 18z are a no go then.

Not many wheels fit, its all about the design. All the Neuspeed 18x8 et45 wheels work without spacers. I have both RSe52 and the RSe11 and both work great without spacers.