GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18X8 Wheels

Driving a 2008 FSI MKV GTI. Currently on Bilstein PSS coils all the way down which I believe is a 1.8-2.0" drop? I need new tires on my car and now I want to get rid of my wheels as well due to curb rash and the fact that one has a slight bend in it. I will be purchasing extremeconact dws06 because I was very satisfied with the DWS for the last 4 years. I have tried researching on the forum but all the numbers and variables are still confusing to me. Should I purchase +45 or +35 ET wheels at 18X8. I am not looking to roll my fenders or purchase spacers, and I do not want to rub. Last question, should I purchase 235/40/18 tires for an 18X8 wheel or 245/40/18 tires?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Driving a 2008 FSI MKV GTI. Currently on Bilstein PSS coils all the way down which I believe is a 1.8-2.0" drop? I need new tires on my car and now I want to get rid of my wheels as well due to curb rash and the fact that one has a slight bend in it. I will be purchasing extremeconact dws06 because I was very satisfied with the DWS for the last 4 years. I have tried researching on the forum but all the numbers and variables are still confusing to me. Should I purchase +45 or +35 ET wheels at 18X8. I am not looking to roll my fenders or purchase spacers, and I do not want to rub. Last question, should I purchase 235/40/18 tires for an 18X8 wheel or 245/40/18 tires?

I run 18X8 et44 with a 225/40 Comp2 tire with about a 1.5in drop. Seems to work well never rubs. I think going with a larger tire might make it rub in certain situations. You don't need a bigger tire than stock size, trust me I was at the track yesterday and I pushed the heck out of them. Larger size would have just slowed me down with the extra weight. Just one opinion.

blkmaggtsp74

Ready to race!
I've been running 18x8 et45 with spacers, putting it to et35 front and et37 rear. 225/40 tires and bilstein b8+h&r springs and zero rub. Needs to be said the bilsteins are very stiff, so i guess that helps with not rubbing. 235/40-18" did rub already at et45.