GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18" Hufweisen Optional Wheels

natonicGTI06

Go Kart Champion
MAlby7 said:
This is the best picture I could find of them:

i thought about buying they and getting them powdercoated the outside black to match the black magic car i am getting and the inside of the spokes red what do you guys think about this

Prince GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I ordered the standard 17" wheels, which are similar to those wheels but with a different finish. And the standard 17" wheels are called "Denver," but who cares about the name!!

hipstomper said:
!?! oh man those look sweet but 29lbs is a ton :iono: I rather go aftermarket 18" then.

That's what I thought too! Didn't know the weight of the 18" wheels though when I ordered my GTI, but I thought why pay extra when I can add and buy BBS wheels, for example. Patience is required!

Regardless of the weight, these are some fine wheels!

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
natonicGTI06 said:
i thought about buying they and getting them powdercoated the outside black to match the black magic car i am getting and the inside of the spokes red what do you guys think about this

Naaaaa :thumbdown: . They would look better the way they are.

Naji74661

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Hey i have my friends GTI it has the 17s on it so0 if u wanted to buy 17s we can exchange with the 18s you have??

ShangoAshe

Drag Racing Champion
LOLZ haha i agree.... 17"s + cash DEFINETLY!! haha

Drake87

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
ON THE VW WEB SITE ON TAKE A JOY RIDE IT SAYS THE CAR IS FASTER WITH THE 18"S

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
dpham00 said:
yeah right, the huffs are so friggin heavy. if they had forged wheels, maybe, but not the huffs.

1.they are not friggin heavy
2.they are not lightweight either
3.you will only need the use of lightweight wheels on track where split seconds make difference. there are a lot more important things before upgrading to lightweight rims.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
scuderiavw said:
1.they are not friggin heavy
2.they are not lightweight either
3.you will only need the use of lightweight wheels on track where split seconds make difference. there are a lot more important things before upgrading to lightweight rims.

uhhh...29lbs for an 18x7.5" wheel IS heavy. there are quite a few aftermarket 18" wheels that weigh around 20lbs, and i'm not referring to forged or 2-3 piece wheels either.

but anyways, the point that i was trying to get at is that the 17's are lighter, so they should be faster than the 18s