GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18.9.5 ET 35, anyone?

Genome

Hippest Teacher. Ever.
Hey guys,

Just curious, has anyone run 18x9.5 wheels all the way around? I've got a friend who has some amazing wheels that I may pick up. I don't even know where I would start with tires, maybe a 225/40/18?

I've seen 18x9.5 in the back, just not the front.

Anyone with some help or references?

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
OT, but what are they out of curiosity?

biggaz

Reckon you will be just hitting the shock there, probs need spacing out 4 mm or so bringing the et to 31 ish, then there gonna scrub like hell if your low, and low is the only way there gonna look good. 215/35 needed and there gonna be too stretched for my liking. They will stick out 13mm more than mine more if you space them.

Genome

Hippest Teacher. Ever.
Yeah, its going to be a pita, is there a way to camber the fronts? I may just do that for the one show I am going to run these for. HellaFlush in Buttonwillow next month.

I'll keep it 225/35 in the back and camber it, but i'll run a 215/35 in the front.

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
IIRC the only way to camber the fronts is with camber plates. Pricey, although I haven't looked for them in the past few months.

e_a_u_c

Ready to race!
mmmmm really i dont recomend a 35 on a 215. i will put 225 40 or 215 40 if u are not low go w the 225 or it will be to strech for the hight

itskv

APR Stage II+
What other camber kits are made for our fronts?